CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

How did you get your 38872 brake hoses to work?

y5mgisi

1 ton status
Reaction score
I just went and picked up the 38872 brake hoses from napa and it dosnt look like the line will hook up at the caliper.
And for the record i have a 90 suburban with 10 bolt front. What did you guys do to make it work adn work right? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

MTBLAZER89

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Mine boltedright up to my 10b from an 82 /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

smokkey1

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Ya

[/ QUOTE ]

my extened lines are like that too and the mounting point on the caliper is round /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif that's why I haven't installed them yet but I think I might take it to an bench grinder to sole that problem....

justin /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

smokkey1

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
/forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that always solves the problem........

justin

bigyellowjimmy

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
my extened lines are like that too and the mounting point on the caliper is round that's why I haven't installed them yet but I think I might take it to an bench grinder to sole that problem....

[/ QUOTE ]

I installed pro comp ss lines on my 3/4 ton 10 bolt and had to trim the corners of the brake line mounting tab to fit inside the caliper mounting well. I trimmed the corners with a band saw and finished the rest with a file. You can use the washer as a guide. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

smokkey1

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
well yesterday I put on the extened brake lines... I used an bench grinder to round off the mounting point, worked out really well. also had my dads friend bleed the brake system. the brakes never felt better /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

justin /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

Top Bottom