how to do it yourself? 2"front springs,4"rear blocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by subway21, Dec 30, 2005.

1. subway21

subway21 Registered Member

I am mechanically poor. What would it take for me to do this job on my own? Or is it worth while to take it to my suspension shop? If I do it what types of jacks,stands,air tools, would I need. Also can someone please give me in a 1-10 step order as to how you would do this.

2. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

Go to your lift kit manufacturer's website and download the instructions. Its not a really hard job. You need a floor jack and a set of jackstands. You don't need air tools, although they make it a lot easier.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd recomend dumping the blocks in favor of a 4" Shackle Flip as soon as the pocket book premitts.

4. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Believe it or not, I didnt do a lift install until my first time either:haha: . I bet everyone on here is the same way. Just be careful, dont take chances when your aggravated and if something stumps you get on the net. The net is a great luxury now, I wish I had it my first time. Its tough balancing a K10 on one jack stand when there isnt a front axle under it!

5. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

I use a cherry picker''motor hoist'' to pick up the hole end of the truck.I just got done doing one this evening.you need a 15/16 socket for the u-bolts.you prolly just use one add-a-leaf.then your old u bolts will still work.it takes me about 1/2 hour to do it.

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Where in Texas are you?? If you are close to Dallas, just swing it by and we will knock it out in a couple of hours.