CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Introductions & Greetings

Wes Harden

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome you found the right place. Looking forward to seeing the family legacy restored. Your goal to do a "like" new restoration or just repair preserve and enjoy ?

Be sure to start a build thread to document your journey

nvrenuf

I grind my welds.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
@Blue71 what an awesome opportunity to get a 1 owner / same family classic! I can't wait to see where you take it. :pimp:

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. Joined today after following ck5 on instagram. Looking forward to gathering all the intel available as we start our ‘71 K5 restoration. Wife’s dad bought this new and she drove it in HS…..quite the ride back then. Looks to be a long road ahead, but we are excited about the potential this K5 holds. Best, Ron and Kathy View attachment 387835
Very cool!

Fitz4x4

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have to say I’ve spent about 15 min on the site and I think I got my 25 bucks worth already. Lots of great content here.

I’m the proud owner of a 1971 K20 and a 1969 K10 suburban. I’d love to add a 69-72 K5 to the mix to round out the collection one day.

I grew up with square bodies. Of course they were cool trucks, but also that’s what I could afford in my youth. It’s amazing what the price tags are on stuff you couldn’t give away 20 years ago.

I’ve owned the K20 since 2008. I originally bought it because I just needed a truck and the cash for clunkers deal had wiped out the used market. The price was right and I always had a sweet spot for 67-72s.
She served daily duty until I changed jobs and my commute got longer and it just wasn’t practical any more.

It sat pretty idle while I dabbled in motorcycles for a few years. It wasn’t until my kids got older and wanted to ride around that I got it going again and I actually fell in love with trucks all over again.

As my 3 kids got bigger, it was pretty obvious we weren’t all going to fit in the standard cab for long. So with my rediscovered truck passion and a nod of approval from the wife (it’s for the kids, not me!) the search for a burb commenced.

I’m a diesel mechanic by trade, but I absolutely lothe body work. I know enough to know I don’t have the patience for major body work. That limited my options in a big way.

But eventually the right truck for the right price came along and we made our way from WI to TN to retrieve our new family member.

The current game plan is to keep the suburban fairly stock and use it for local camping trips and week end excursions. So far the list of repairs and been fairly minimal. A complete Re-wire, chasing leaks and standard bearing and brake work. I’d like to get the a/c up and running and freshen up the interior and then just run her.

Id like to take the K20 to the next level and make her a more capable off roader.

Thanks in advance for the info and knowledge. I sure am glad to be here.

3702DA1C-F8D1-4E5B-B618-B4961F657F70.jpeg

99779352-B53B-48C5-914A-A3EE3A5886B1.jpeg

AF8E5AFA-73F1-4C96-9933-656752B6255B.jpeg

67BE6B19-CB5E-442F-88BE-8D48EF1996E5.jpeg

63B792C8-B401-410A-8E72-20E071C6CD59.jpeg

693777C7-77DF-4769-8F06-B1A85DDEBFEB.jpeg

Last edited:

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Hello all. I have to say I’ve spent about 15 min on the site and I think I got my 25 bucks worth already. Lots of great content here.

I’m the proud owner of a 1971 K20 and a 1969 K10 suburban. I’d love to add a 69-72 K5 to the mix to round out the collection one day.

I grew up with square bodies. Of course they were cool trucks, but also that’s what I could afford in my youth. It’s amazing what the price tags are on stuff you couldn’t give away 20 years ago.

I’ve owned the K20 since 2008. I originally bought it because I just needed a truck and the cash for clunkers deal had wiped out the used market. The price was right and I always had a sweet spot for 67-72s.
She served daily duty until I changed jobs and my commute got longer and it just wasn’t practical any more.

It sat pretty idle while I dabbled in motorcycles for a few years. It wasn’t until my kids got older and wanted to ride around that I got it going again and I actually fell in love with trucks all over again.

As my 3 kids got bigger, it was pretty obvious we weren’t all going to fit in the standard cab for long. So with my rediscovered truck passion and a nod of approval from the wife (it’s for the kids, not me!) the search for a burb commenced.

I’m a diesel mechanic by trade, but I absolutely lothe body work. I know enough to know I don’t have the patience for major body work. That limited my options in a big way.

But eventually the right truck for the right price came along and we made our way from WI to TN to retrieve our new family member.

The current game plan is to keep the suburban fairly stock and use it for local camping trips and week end excursions. So far the list of repairs and been fairly minimal. A complete Re-wire, chasing leaks and standard bearing and brake work. I’d like to get the a/c up and running and freshen up the interior and then just run her.

Id like to take the K20 to the next level and make her a more capable off roader.

Thanks in advance for the info and knowledge. I sure am glad to be here.

View attachment 392271

View attachment 392272

View attachment 392274

View attachment 392275

View attachment 392278

View attachment 392279
Awesome collection as well as a great story behind it.
Welcome.

Fitz4x4

Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome ,whats the story with the nova?
I’ve had it about 17 years. I bought is as a welcome home gift to myself after my first tour to iraq. It was my daily while stationed in California. It had a pretty healthy 400 sbc when I got it. Some one mini tubbed and narrowed the rear spring and shock mounts along the way. It’s functional but not very good. The plan is to replace all that with Detroit speed parts.

The trans started slipping and before I could get it fixed up, I sold the motor out of it to make ends meet during a lay off.

But Ive picked up 454 (needs rebuild) /th 400 / 9” since then. It’s turned into my long term project. If I really got after it, I could have her up and going in short order. I just keep getting distracted by other shiny things, but also can’t seem to part ways with her.

Sdog321

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'm Scott... been around the block a couple of times. I've owned 10+ different k5s and quite a few more square bodies. Working on my latest one now. 6.0 lq4 swap complete interior overhaul and a few other trick goodies going in along the way. I told one of my buddies I'm horrible at documenting what I build so heres a start at remedying that..

Top Bottom