CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Motor upgrades done runs real nice!!!

kombi59

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I went with a Holley 650 double pumper, Holley street dominator intake, lunati cam, Holley aluminum heads, roller rockers, Msd 6a ignition, Mallory billet distributor. 2000 stall torque convertor. runs so nice!!! anyone else running similar set-up? Chad. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
480693_26_full.jpg
480693_27_full.jpg

kombi59

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Thanks, it is so much more "alive" so different. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I remember saving for months for one item for my cars. it is nice when you can do a bunch a once. but I still catch hell from the Ol' lady. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif kind of my going away to Kuwait present. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
Too bad you wasted your money on a mechanical secondary Holley for a truck. That is not only a gross mismatch for your application, it is a horrible choice for road use at all.

It looks great though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

kombi59

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
It seems to run great so far I put the same needles and seats that are on the truck avenger carb as well as the tall vent tube. it does'nt choke out on the steep stuff anymore, or yet I should say. I went to some hills i could never make before and it cruised right up them. would have liked to get fuel injection but a little too much money.

justhorsinaround

3/4 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
You know what Tim? I'm gettin really tired of you knockin other peoples stuff. He's obviously very happy with what he's done so why you feel you have to go and basically tell him he is a complete idiot for having done so. Do us all a favor and keep your negative flippin opinions to your conceited self. You're comin real close to how I feel about Sample right about now.

Allan

rooferbret

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I REALLY would like to see that Tim. REALLY TIRED of the same old tim.

Chad, VERY NICE! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BlueBlazer

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Funny thing about Tim is if you saw his rig and him driving it you'd know that all his knowledge is lost somewhere between his brain and his hands.

justhorsinaround

3/4 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
I'm sorry Chad I didn't mean to hijack your post but I'd just had enough. I even forgot to compliment you on your work. I to am exploring the limits of non-injected rock climbing as we too are seriously short on cash these days.
Anyways, once again good work Chad and one of these days we're gonna have to have a statewide get together. Good luck to ya in the future.

Allan

Tweetysuarus

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Man that engine looks awsome, sounds like it runs awsome! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
Bill

TruckNutzDude

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Is it wrong that I started touching myself when I saw your engine? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
Looking good. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Does the A/C blow cold? I noticed no smog tubes, does Yuma not have emissions?

alaskanbowtie

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
nice!!! I like it and the fact you used a DP is a turn on for me because I'm more of a hot rod guy. What were your cam specs @ .050 and how does your motor do when you tromp it from a dead stop? I'm also considering this set up . But have had so many people tell me the same stupid [darn] as the 84 guy was saying I'm apprehensive about trying it. I have about the same set up but with 6" rods and gapless rings. right now I'm running a Edelbock that I'm not real happy with. Been through all kinds of jet and rod changes and still not running very good. LOOKS GOOD liken the valve covers /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

kombi59

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys, It runs real nice. The carb seems ok so far, been on a few times. Still getting used to the power difference. And the fuel consumtion as well. Chad.

Seventy4Blazer

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
dude, you still have one of the nicesest blazers out there.
lemme know when ya get back from the other san box. and be safe over there.
Grant

kombi59

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Thanks Grant, I leave on the 13th. Should be an experiance for sure!! when are heading over? E-mail me if you are in the area. Chad. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

Top Bottom