My weekend was kinda cut short. Sure, I had big plans, rip the motor out of the partial motorhome and put it in my '81 "little" Crew Cab and maybe drive it home. But all day Saturday was wasted... partially me trying to accomplish other things. The other part was me trying to retrieve the bad 454 crank that came out of my motor at the Moyie Mud Bog 2 weeks ago, which had, by mistake, made it's way about 150 miles west of Moyie Springs the day I pulled it out and has been there since in the back of an S-10. (thats another long story in itself). So, I drive up and take care of a few things along the way, and stop and visit a fellow mud racer for a bit, then totally miss meeting up to pick up the crank cause he was out trying to get a friend unstuck from a swamp up some mountain. So, I head over the back way to my place in Ione, rallying the Black blazer on the gravel roads at almost but not quite dangerous speeds. This leaves me with Sunday: Didn't help that I woke up at 12:15 pm. But, anyway, got the motorhome, already missing the "home" part, and began tearing away. Cut out a section and went to rip it out of the way. Ok, so I didn't intend on the whole section to break loose, but what can ya do? Well, time to try and see if it will fit out through the hole. Nope, needs a little more trimming. Now it fits coming out... now since the cherry picker won't roll back, the chassis must move forward. Everything sure seems to be leaning... a come-a-long hooked to the tree adds a little stabilization. Of course, when we thought we were home free, one mistake made everything fall over onto the ground and tweaked everything on the cherry picker. So, we mixed and matched parts from another one and were back in business and got it under cover; ready for a few alterations to make it ready to go into the Crew Cab as a temp motor till I'm ready to swap in the Cummins. I was hoping it was the original 1974 motorhome block, so that it would have been a 4-bolt main... but it's an '82 block with '77 heads. Whoever rebuilt it did an exchange (and I bet someone wanted to keep the 4-bolt main block). At least a tag on it told me it was bored .030 over and the crank is .010/.010. So now the motorhome lacks the home and the motor. Oh well, it was kinda fun while it lasted.