CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Mud tires suck because...

jms

1/2 ton status
Author
Reaction score
This will probably my shortest thread ever (edit: not true, more than 100 views in about an hour /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif), but I'm tired from work under a deadline, so here goes:

Mud tires suck because I can't hear the Andante of Beethoven's Fifth at speeds over 20 mph. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Feel free to add your reasons.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
You need a louder stereo...

Rene

justhorsinaround

3/4 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
You must become one with the hum of the mud tires. Just chant with me
ooooom mahny padma oooom
ooooom mahny padma oooom
ooooom mahny I love my tires padma oooom
ooooom mahny I love my tires padma oooom
ooooom mahny padma oooom
ooooom mahny padma oooom

There now don't you feel better. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Now then send me 50 bucks. Thanks so much in advance for the donation to the improve Ole Wimpy for the trails church. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

jms

1/2 ton status
Author
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that defy the point of the Andante?

Tweetysuarus

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
If you wanted to hear the Andante of Beethoven's Fifth, the buy a plush sports car or limo! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifIt's a truck thats meant for off-road and yeah get some cahonies in your system so the whole neighborhood can hear it! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
Bill

ColAdo82K5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
As a music education major....I can tell you this..
Dynamics in music are all relative. It's ok to rock out to the andante a little too loud, because when you listen to "loud" or "forte" sections, it will be that much louder.
So, it's ok that your "pp" sound like "mf", because your "mf" sections will sound like "ffff".

Blake

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't I need to know what the Andante was to continue this?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<Rummaging around for the dictionary>

Rene

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
OK, maybe a louder stereo is an inelegant solution...the alternative is to probably wear a personal headset with a good CD player. At least then every subtlty of the peice will not be lost to the resonance of the tires.

Oddly enough, mud tires are quiet as a mouse when not on pavement...so stay away from pavement. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rene

beater_k20

Banned
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no... andante is a tempo, or speed of the music. has nothing to do with the volume.

justhorsinaround

3/4 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
OH MY GOD!!!!! Would just get back to talkin about trucks already??? I already got my degree in performing arts and I don't need to relive those years on this site. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Oh and by the way, I still love this site and all you guys. Come on everyone a big ole group hug. C'mon I'll start.

Yea ok I won't I thought it was funny though. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

jms

1/2 ton status
Author
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Oddly enough, mud tires are quiet as a mouse when not on pavement...so stay away from pavement. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Rene, I like this one, never thought about it this way.

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
My mud tires suck because there bald! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

jms

1/2 ton status
Author
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
As a music education major....I can tell you this..
Dynamics in music are all relative. It's ok to rock out to the andante a little too loud, because when you listen to "loud" or "forte" sections, it will be that much louder.
So, it's ok that your "pp" sound like "mf", because your "mf" sections will sound like "ffff".

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, I forgot, Beethoven was deaf near the end... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

The, ahem, so-called 'stereo' in my truck is actually more of an afterthought; if I play "pp" sound like "mf", my "mf" sections will more sound like "chchchchchchchhch"; just goes to show you what you get if you go for the 'cheap' upgrades /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Rene, I like this one, never thought about it this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wheel to work while enjoying Beethoven...there is an oxymoron in there somewhere, but it's all cool. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rene

jms

1/2 ton status
Author
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]

Wheel to work while enjoying Beethoven...there is an oxymoron in there somewhere, but it's all cool. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

After days like today, it certainly sounds terrific to me....

afroman006

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
The, ahem, so-called 'stereo' in my truck is actually more of an afterthought; if I play "pp" sound like "mf", my "mf" sections will more sound like "chchchchchchchhch";

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

jms

1/2 ton status
Author
Reaction score
Dave, will do. I bet it'll sound terrific out there /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Z3PR

Banned
Reaction score
Mud tires rule when driving down Center st. around 60th. and some yutz in a ricer pulls up next to you. Just look down and think how fun it'd be to drive over them. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

jms

1/2 ton status
Author
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Mud tires rule when driving down Center st. around 60th. and some yutz in a ricer pulls up next to you..... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's when I get to enjoy THEIR stereo, and they get MY exhaust in their open window..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Top Bottom