CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

need truck tailgate hinges

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
For your '83? Now I forget which year they changed size but I have some on a late 70's parts truck for $25 + shipping (hinges/pivots and the arms that hold it level) for both sides. I would also be interested in trading for something I need... Better go look thru your for sale posts again.

I believe the 70's used a smaller diameter pivot than later on in the 80's. Just cant remember what year they switched /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

big83chevy4x4

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
what else would it be for /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

according to my lmc catalog its 75-80 and 81-87. all i need is the part on the box, not the straps(already have) or the part on the tailgate. #12 in the lmc catalog

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Looks like mine are the wrong year then if you still have the original tailgate.

big83chevy4x4

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
yep, ill go to the dealer tommorow and see how much they have them for. i get a "good" discount. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

ugly_blazer

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Ever find any? I have some from an '84. You are talking about the pieces that mount on the bed and the tailgate goes on these pieces?

big83chevy4x4

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
nope, have found them yet. i think you know what im taking about, it bolts to the side of the box. would like the bolts if you have them also.

Top Bottom