CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

one piece door windows

mudslinger97116

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
i was thinking of removing the wingwidow on the jimmy when i start to do the body work.i have seen it on a few 1st gen p/u lowerd trucks so it should be easily done?has anyone here done this?it would open up a lot of mirror options and being this is for my future wife the little stock ones are to small(i dont think she uses them at all).any help would be great thanks

bouncytruck

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Do the one-piece window kits work on the blazers? I don't think I've ever seen a blazer with the kit...

k5james

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
From what I understand from the 67-72chevytruck guys it wouldn't be a good idea. It's a huge window and there really isn't enough support, especially on a blazer that doesn't have the window frame to support it. I if you leave the top on all the time it would be ok but otherwise it's probably not a good idea.

Engineered Vintage

IGOR
Vendor
Reaction score
Somebody was talking pretty extensively about doing a one-piece glass kit for 73-87 trucks - I think it was this board - and it was at least 1-2 years ago?

I don't think anything ever came of it as the glass is curved and would be expensive to have done.

mudslinger97116

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
thanks igor you always seem to know where to look /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.i was kinda worried about the sag too.it was just a thought,thanks guys.ill prob. end up putting ford mirrors on it for her

Top Bottom