Our Loss, Your Gain!! Silly Strong Spring Perches!!

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by Gravel Maker, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker 1/2 ton status Vendor

It seems the laser operator was asleep at the wheel this week, first he wasted 2 sheets of 1/2" plate ($$) :eek1: and then made something like these.....

[​IMG]

Actually they were exactly like these with 1 minor exception! And do I need to remind you that we are the overkill guys! The exception is that he cut from 3/8" rather than 1/4"!!!:o

Now we like strong but these are Silly Strong However, there is no effect on their performance, but enough beef that we will offer about a jillion year guarantee on them!

We are going to sell them off at a very fair price of $25 a pair, our normal price is $28 on them so they are not free but the normal ones are only 1/4" thick. So, if you want Silly Strong pick up a few pair!

They were made in the 2 1/2" and 2 3/4" widths and we have 100 pair of each.....And don't forget the CK510 Discount either, that makes them $22.50 a pair!!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf What update?? Premium Member

Build(s):
    Can you cut the extra thick ones for a 4" axle tube?

3. Gravel Maker

These could be modified to fit, it would take about 15-20 minutes each with a grinder, less with a plasma cutter.

4. Gravel Maker

By the way these are selling.....

I might think you prefer 3/8" perches? I think 1/4" is thick enough as long as they aren't trying to lift the vehicle too. Collapse seems to occur on the lift style 10 to 1 over our style. Give me your ideas on that, it isn't a problem to make them like this all the time if that is what you really want.:D

5. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

1/4 is min. thickness, 5/16 is great, 3/8 is overkill. when I buy a set from you I WANT the 3/8's ones :D . as soon as I get my first check from my soon to start new job I will be ordering a D60 cover and a set of pearches. I dont really need a set of pearches but for that price and beef why not.

a solid set of pearches I made to show someone hear it can be done and how to do it at home with minimum equipment are REALLY, REALLY overkill and not necessary but I proved my point that it can be done at home.

even using tube and doing it at home is too much trouble compared to buying yours though. as I said before I dig your products and your prices Dan.

6. Gravel Maker

Thanks, the demand has been so high for these.....

We may continue to offer them after the sale.....I never said there was anything wrong with beef!

7. Gravel Maker

Just updated with the correct pics.....

And a stock update, we have 22 pair of the 2.5" left and a little more than that of the 2.75"......How to make spring perches, they are either bent or welded, bent over a mandrel will give a round shape and diminish the surface contact with the spring, bent on a CNC brake will Fold the steel for the most contact available. We fold with a CNC Brake. If you have 100% contact they are too wide and the spring will be free to pivot on the pin, you want springs to fit, they are not 1 size fits all!:D

Sale ends the 18th.....

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

which part # do I order off the www site to get the silly thick / sale priced ones? which of these are currently on sale: sp3? sp7? sp2? these will be going on a ff14b... forget the exact diameter of the tubes on 'em... 2.75" wide would be best, but 2.5 could work too...

lemme know so I can place an order. :)

j

9. Gravel Maker

Look in the specials section.....the SP2.....

Is the part # for the 2.75" wide ones.....