CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Pickup tailgate on a K5?

dremu

Officious Thread Derailer
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
While I'm sure ity's been dicussed afore, after searching through six month's worth of posts, I can't find anything :|

Have any of y'all done this? I'm stinking about leaving the hardtop off Tankie, once I have a garage to put her in, so I'm also stinking that a pickup tailgate (without glass) would be lighter. And ... well, it's a fun project /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Is it a drop-in, bolt-in affair, or are they even remotely the same size, or ... ?

-- A

nvrenuf

Klaatu barada nikto
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I read here that it's a direct bolt up using existing holes and truck hardware.

gotmud77

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
That is correct. Just find a donor truck and everything will bolt right up to holes already there. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

dremu

Officious Thread Derailer
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Do I use the hinges and cables from the donor truck, or can I use what's on the Blazer?

-- A

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Do I use the hinges and cables from the donor truck, or can I use what's on the Blazer?

-- A

[/ QUOTE ]

Use the hinges from the truck, easier and it's removable without touching any bolts.
/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

That's what I am doing.

Seventy4Blazer

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-- A

[/ QUOTE ]

Use the hinges from the truck, easier and it's removable without touching any bolts.
/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

That's what I am doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

me 2. works great
grant

Top Bottom