CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Potent Rodent

New built engine, EFI, 4L80 transmission, t-case, brakes, hydroboost, tires/wheels and more!

Shawn

Nuckin Futz!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Shawn submitted a new Build:

Potent Rodent

Last time she was running in Moab...
View attachment 230637

New Engine Specs:
SBC 406ci
Dart Block
Forged Callies Crank
Forged Callies Rods
Forged JE Pistons
AFR 210cc Eliminator Alum heads
ARP Pro Series 190k psi head studs
Felpro MLS head gaskets
ARP Main / Rod studs
Comp 280xfi Roller Cam
Comp Pro Magnum lifters
Comp Pro Magnum rockers
Billet Timing Chain with Cloyes cover
Pro Comp EFI Intake
Accel 1200 CFM throttle body
PP Fuel Rails
50lb injectors
View attachment 230633

Only Flexplate I found that works with an old SBC and the 4L80E trans
PRW Xtreme Duty SFI-Rated Steel Flexplate Small Block Chevy
PRW 1835030
Jegs Part Number: 228-1835030
View attachment 230636

New ORD Crossmember Done
View attachment 230635

Built 4L80 manual valve body ready to go in
View attachment 230632

Engine going in. Excuse the years of dust...
View attachment 230634

Read more about this build here...

Last edited:

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
When was the last time you drove it?

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Cool seeing this come back, and almost as cool seeing Shawn back here. :D

miniwally

St. Javier
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I was outside for a very short period of time today and got a sunburn on my arms. I thought it was because global warming was about to fry us all. Turns out it was actually something to do with hell flaring up cause Shawn is working on his blazer. Holy wow Batman.

Shawn

Nuckin Futz!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
So I was outside for a very short period of time today and got a sunburn on my arms. I thought it was because global warming was about to fry us all. Turns out it was actually something to do with hell flaring up cause Shawn is working on his blazer. Holy wow Batman.
LMAO!
Yeah must be a fire under my ass and Im sick of Stevo and the others giving me shit. Helps to get rid of the race car that kept blowing engines and constant months of wrenching on that fawker. Really focused on getting this K5 pig back on the trail.

Last edited:

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
No way, I love this K5 prob one of the best builds I've seen on here!

Shawn

Nuckin Futz!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Bada$$!! Before I knew anything about K5's I used to follow Off-road.com. Good to see this making a comeback.
I don't know if you remember but I use to follow Dean Waters on off-road.com and had tons of magazines of how I wanted mine to be back when it was bone stock. Off-road.com was one of the first sites established but then went down hill after others got more popular. Met owner of this site since he wanted to do a review of my Skyler top (makes a K5 look like a truck).
I had to do a double take when I saw that little rodent on wheels.........:popcorn:
That same little rat is still on the tailgate. Crazy weird dude that painted it but he did a good job and its still holding up after all these years.

Can't wait to see this rebuild
Can't wait to get this thing running! Just found a I need to do a 60-2 crank trigger to make the Haltech work so need to space my pulleys out 1/8". May pull the engine again to make it easy to get to. Debating on LS1 coils or not.

No way, I love this K5 prob one of the best builds I've seen on here!
Thanks! I just hope this engine last longer than the previous 5. Had bad luck with the BBC but mostly due to machine work or me not happy with peanut port heads.

Awesome to see this being resurrected!
:)

Last edited:

miniwally

St. Javier
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to get this thing running! Just found a I need to do a 60-2 crank trigger to make the Haltech work so need to space my pulleys out 1/8". May pull the engine again to make it easy to get to. Debating on LS1 coils or not.

:)

This is why you can't have nice things, but I would do Coils myself.

So is there a target for finishing this? Or a work on it when you can and finish it sometime after Greg 72 gets his done?

Shawn

Nuckin Futz!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
This is why you can't have nice things, but I would do Coils myself.

So is there a target for finishing this? Or a work on it when you can and finish it sometime after Greg 72 gets his done?
Exactly. Which ignition coils would you suggest? Believe it or not, my goal is this summer. Not having to work on the Evo is a huge time saver now. Did you Dad ever tell you about the ride I gave back when it was only making 700whp?

my used roller rockers didn't come from one of the dead motors did it ? ? ?
Thats been SO long ago I don't even remember selling them but I don't believe so. I think I had 2 sets. One set came from Comp. Are you having any problems with them?

Haltech ecus are bad a$$ which one are you running?
Haltech Elite 2500. My tuner has talked me into going DBW so this might get interesting but no more throttle linkage.

Top Bottom