CK5
Register an account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Purchasing K5 Out -of-State

KikiOb

Newbie
Joined
Oct 1, 2026
Posts
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
I'm looking to purchase a K5 (1970s - early 80s) but most seem to be located out of state, and private seller. Have any of you purchased your vehicle out of state? Need some advice or what the process was. Did you purchase without even seeing it in person or did you travel? If you did NOT travel how did you make sure it was in good condition, running, without any issues? Transport arrangements, payment? Any info you can provide to educate me on this process I greatly appreciate!
 
I'm looking to purchase a K5 (1970s - early 80s) but most seem to be located out of state, and private seller. Have any of you purchased your vehicle out of state? Need some advice or what the process was. Did you purchase without even seeing it in person or did you travel? If you did NOT travel how did you make sure it was in good condition, running, without any issues? Transport arrangements, payment? Any info you can provide to educate me on this process I greatly appreciate!
We have members all over the country and we help each other when possible by going in person to check it out and even sometimes helping with the sale and shipping.
Where are some of your choices?
 
Unless…you can get a trusted resource to look it over and handle the purchase. @kennyw did that for me years ago. Truck was solid for a drive from the Seattle, WA area to Michigan.

Know your registration laws. In Michigan I had the truck plated and insured before I even got out there. I couldn’t do that in Kentucky now as you have to have a “safety inspection” done at the courthouse when you register it.
Know what your state wants for you to bring it in. I also had to fight to buy and bring in a vehicle due to some super confusing paperwork requirements.
 

Latest Posts

Top Bottom