CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Question about lift/tires

jpunisher187

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey, i'm sure this gets asked alot but I was wondering will 35's fit under a 4 inch lift and will they rub? also what all would I need. I plan on buying the Tuff Country EZ-Ride lift kit for my 85 GMC Jimmy.

heavy4x4

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
What you'll need for your lift:

Springs for front
Springs or blocks for rear (unless you go the shackle flip route)
New U-bolts front and rear
Longer shocks
Raised steering arm
Metal bracket to raise rear brakeline
Longer front brakelines (adivsed...although I don't have them)
Bigger tires /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

mouse

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
The general consensus is that 35" tires will fit with 4 inches of lift, but only on the street. The tires will rub when flexing. Only minimal trimming is required to clear the sheet metal though. Rather than go with a 6 ich lift, which would more likely require more drive train mods (longer drive shafts, more steering correction, etc) the 4 inch lift and minimal trimming is a good way to go. There are several around this website that have gone this route and the trucks look very nice! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

RustBuket

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Or do like I want to and just go 35's on no lift and trim/bash everything out of the way. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

jpunisher187

Registered Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the replies guys hopefully i'll get my truck back this weekend. I threw a rod and broke some other stuff on the way to the beach a couple weeks ago. I guess once I get the tires and lift i'll do some /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

Top Bottom