CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Race seats, suspension seats etc

SpeedlabDan

Keepin it trashy never classy
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So I'm gonna start shopping for seats and there are a lot of choices. Currently I'm running the p/o's cheap choice seats that are possibly the worst seats I've ridden.
Let me kno what your running, how you like them, what you don't, comfy or nah?

I've always liked the looks of the corbeau Baja tho I'm leary of pulling the trigger on a fixed seat even though they're the safe and only thing to run in a race truck. I've also heard complaints about their material quality and tares.

Prp seems to make a sweet seat and their color combos are rad too.

Don't know much about Beard or Sparco etc. Did I miss any?

Also are suspension seats the way to go for a sport truck?

They'll be for my K5 so let me know what you think.

Here's my terrible narrow ass ugly seats

Screenshot_20180530-160803.png

fourwheelerjeff

Jeff's Offroad Emporium
Staff member
Reaction score
I have Corbeau's in one of my buggies and Mastercraft in my YJ and Racetrim in my TJ. I will say the Mastercraft are some of the most comfortable I have ever had. I like them so much I bought 2 other sets to use in my buggy build and maybe in my JK or K5. They are the cheap Mastercraft Nomad but I think they are still comfortable.

skunked

phat block everything
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The Mastercrafts are pretty good, I sat in some that reclined that were damn comfy. How big and tall are you? Some seats are not built for bigger guys.......

I'm running PRP Premiere's +4" taller and +2" wider. I've only sat in the them for a few minutes since the truck is currently getting a cage but I'll have some feedback in a couple weeks after a trail run.

IMG_0148.JPG

Kay86K5

1/2 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have these seats in the front of my blazer:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1130l/overview/

My brother has the same seats (just in the color tan) in his Jimmy. We both have had them for years using 4 point harness's too, and I like them a lot. Very comfortable, been in them all day on the trail many times. They come with sliders built in. My brother ditched the sliders to mount them directly to tubes off his internal cage. I kept the sliders and used my stock seat bases and built little mounts to be able to bolt these seats to the stock bases...that way my slider function still worked.

I think those seats are the best bang for the buck IMO...some of the $ these companies are fetching for their aftermarket seats is crazy to me

rdn2blazer

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
My first set of suspension seats were the corbeau’s. I went with their wide tall baja seat. I’m 5’10” 165ish. I loved the seat once installed. But I found the high bolster to be a pain in the ass climbing over to get in and out. My bud said you’re going to grow to hate that. And I did. So I sold them and bought Mastercraft Rubicon low bolster seats. Still full suspension seats, but Much much easier and user friendly. And still more then enough bolster for holding you in. I made the cage addition match the curve in the seat.

9804B1BB-A03B-4E09-BF66-D9A2001BEEB6.jpeg

460E715C-762E-4303-AAF9-C9A57B5EA595.jpeg

Last edited:

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

My brother has the same seats (just in the color tan) in his Jimmy. We both have had them for years using 4 point harness's too, and I like them a lot. Very comfortable, been in them all day on the trail many times. They come with sliders built in. My brother ditched the sliders to mount them directly to tubes off his internal cage. I kept the sliders and used my stock seat bases and built little mounts to be able to bolt these seats to the stock bases...that way my slider function still worked.

I think those seats are the best bang for the buck IMO...some of the $ these companies are fetching for their aftermarket seats is crazy to me

I have these also and they are torn uppp but they are super supportive and adjustable.. the PRP stuff is nice because you can pick colors and materials height etc and it’s minimal impact to cost.. totally custom..

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
My first set of suspension seats were the corbeau’s. I went with their wide tall baja seat. I’m 5’10” 165ish. I loved the seat once installed. But I found the high bolster to be a pain in the ass climbing over to get in and out. My bud said you’re going to grow to hate that. And I did. So I sold them and bought Mastercraft Rubicon low bolster seats. Still full suspension seats, but Much much easier and user friendly. And still more then enough bolster for holding you in. I made the cage addition match the curve in the seat.

View attachment 266616

View attachment 266617
I hate my high bolsters already they smash nuts getting down/out and these Mastercraft do look pretty nice

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The Mastercrafts are pretty good, I sat in some that reclined that were damn comfy. How big and tall are you? Some seats are not built for bigger guys.......

I'm running PRP Premiere's +4" taller and +2" wider. I've only sat in the them for a few minutes since the truck is currently getting a cage but I'll have some feedback in a couple weeks after a trail run.

View attachment 266604
I'm 6'3 290 but more wide in my back than bottom. My current seats are really narrow but my hips almost fit in the bolsters. I don't want to go too high for looks but I know they are safer. I'm also not sure if the adjustable backs are necessarily useful with a harness bar anyway

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Saw these in summit was skeptical but good to know theyre an opinion

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have Corbeau's in one of my buggies and Mastercraft in my YJ and Racetrim in my TJ. I will say the Mastercraft are some of the most comfortable I have ever had. I like them so much I bought 2 other sets to use in my buggy build and maybe in my JK or K5. They are the cheap Mastercraft Nomad but I think they are still comfortable.
How are your corbeau seats holding up?

fourwheelerjeff

Jeff's Offroad Emporium
Staff member
Reaction score
How are your corbeau seats holding up?

https://corbeau.com/seat-saver.html

I bought a bunch of these to cover my seats when I am not using the rig

usually the buggy was parked indoors and had the covers on and I took them off when wheeling. I left them on when on the trailer until I got to the wheeling. they also fit over the Mastercraft and Racetrim seats.

13100803_1055003731258099_4445908176491408055_n.jpg 13095902_837518766392310_5572107108839499602_n.jpg yj seats.jpg yj covers.jpg tj seat covers.jpeg tj seat.jpeg shop pic.jpg

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
https://corbeau.com/seat-saver.html

I bought a bunch of these to cover my seats when I am not using the rig

usually the buggy was parked indoors and had the covers on and I took them off when wheeling. I left them on when on the trailer until I got to the wheeling. they also fit over the Mastercraft and Racetrim seats.

View attachment 266635 View attachment 266636 View attachment 266637 View attachment 266638 View attachment 266639 View attachment 266640 View attachment 266641
True being full topless I'd imagine would cause more wear on any material /brand

K85 Octane

Tacklin' Fuel
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I like my Mastercraft Nomad seats but sometimes I feel like I’ve developed a hump in the seat between my legs. Like where the sub belt would go. Gets annoying, like starts pushing up on the jewels and I push it down with my hand. Sometimes driving with a 2x4 wedged between the roof and seat would feel more comfortable.

Thinking about adding a strap through that hole just to pull the hump flat.

Other than that occasional bother they are very comfortable. They are manageable for a DD, as in the bolstering isn’t huge, and I’ve spent all day in them both wheeling and cruising the highway.

Top Bottom