CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Rear interior side panels...replacements?

AJMBLAZER

Better to be lucky than good.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Me too...but I live (for not much longer) in a very small corner of the middle of nowhere that prides itself on being somewhere but is really just deluding itself that it isn't the ass-end of nowhere.

If I was 3 hours south in Grand Rapids I could have gotten anything we discussed. Here? Home Depot, Lowe's, Menards or the local guys and that's about it.

lectric80

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I know that Home Depot is supposed to carry the stuff, but it may be special order. I plan to talk to them over the winter so I can get my panels built. If they can't find it or get it for me, I will have to do some talking to a local plastics shop, they may be able to do it. That is one advantage, we do have a shop that specializes in plastics, I believe the last time I was there they had some sheets that might do the trick.

sasakura

Registered Member
Reaction score
rear 1/4 panel compilation

adam021-1.jpg

1/4 panels for novices.

attachment.php

1/4 panels for skilled

attachment.php

1/4 panels for skilled

207692_16_full.jpg

1/4 panels for skilled

attachment.php

1/4 panels for pros

attachment.php

1/4 panels for pros

Picture2384.jpg

1/4 panels for pros

scarradine

Registered Member
Reaction score
ok I am using the stuff that is used for showers. Didn't cut it right to size so I need to go get another sheet and redue it. I found once you are done, make sure you lay it flat.
But here is my thing once I get it all done what do put on it, should I use capet or vinyl?

jonrpick

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that I started relocating my stuff from the one storage unit to another. I'll wrap up the project next week. I laid eyes on my panels. Didn't get them yesterday, but next Wednesday I will.

I'll try to make some templates if possible. I'd like to do it right, and actually measure the panel structure itself, without the upholstery attached.

The dimension would probably be the same, but in my mind, a non-covered PVC or ABS plastic panel would be slightly larger than the underlying "structural" panel under the upholstery on a stock panel.

cdoggwsu

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that I started relocating my stuff from the one storage unit to another. I'll wrap up the project next week. I laid eyes on my panels. Didn't get them yesterday, but next Wednesday I will.

I'll try to make some templates if possible. I'd like to do it right, and actually measure the panel structure itself, without the upholstery attached.

The dimension would probably be the same, but in my mind, a non-covered PVC or ABS plastic panel would be slightly larger than the underlying "structural" panel under the upholstery on a stock panel.

Awesome, Jon, thanks for the update! I was thinking the same thing about taking the upholstery off before measuring/tracing...at least that was the plan if I could ever get my hands on a set of them. I don't think there is a set within 100 miles of me. :doah:

Thanks for the replies, guys...I'm still willing to take the full size template to a printing shop and have it scanned into a .pdf or something. Enough people have asked for them that it'd be handy to have around. Hell, maybe it could be imported into CAD and someone (Kert? :whistle:) could start CNC'ing 'em. :D

Teck

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have some real good ones traced on brown paper if you would like them to scan. I could copy you a set and send them to you.
DSC02029.JPG

DSC02029.JPG

cdoggwsu

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Yeah those look great. Is that sheet 48" wide?

Whatever the costs for shipping are just let me know, my zip code is 99163.

cdoggwsu

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Quick update, I got the panel templates from Brian (Teck) today. I'll try to get them scanned in the next week or so.

bigred88

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know I'm a little late here and you already have the templates, but have you thought about going with out the panels? You said you're rhino lining it- I did the same, and just rhino lined the sides. Looks really good- you'd want to pop off the mounting brackets, though.

I did put the panels back in, because they were in good shape, and they do help keep it quiet on the road, but I'm thinking about taking them back out. I prefer the look without, once it's been rhino lined.

us74k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Hey cdoggwsu, did you ever get those template's scanned in? I am going to make some up here pretty soon and could really use the templates! Let me know, thanks.

cdoggwsu

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
OK Gents, here are the raw scans. Thanks again to Teck for supplying the physical copies.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8678219/Driver_Side.pdf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8678219/Passenger_Side.pdf

Kinko's should have no problem printing these out, they are full size (approx. 36"x78") as is so make sure they don't do any scaling or reducing before printing them out.

As I mentioned before my goal is to eventually get these into a "CAD" style drawing but before I finalize them I need to test fit the raw scans and clean up some of the edges. I can also provide these in a different file format if anyone has the need.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom