CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Rear interior side panels...replacements?

mr.smartass

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just left clicking it opened it in a brower window for me, took a few seconds (13.27mb). Then I right clicked the link and hit save target as and it saved it just fine.

Thanks for the templates! I still have my old ones but I bet these will come in handy for many people!:bow:

Teck

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Your welcome, hope this will work out for everybody. It's just hard to get time to make more and then ship them, but I can do it. This should be easier and quicker for everyone.

us74k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Outstanding! Thanks so much for doing this! Someone should sticky this.

Tncumminsguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna bump this thread back to the top. My k5 is missing all of it's rear panels so I was thinking about making some from 1/4 MDF to conceal all the stereo wiring etc I plan to put inside the k5. How did you attach them to the tub, and thanks for downloadable template, that will save me so much time!

Teck

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Interior trim screws just like the factory ones.

livid4dirt

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does your rig have the little brackets attached to the inner body panel? If so, that is where the screws attach the finished side panels.

user28081_pic3051_1249825462.jpg

user28081_pic3051_1249825462.jpg

az_762_nato

Dysfunctional Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do we still have links to these? I tried and my computer wouldnt open the ones posted before

Teck

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I just opened the drop box link above. So they still work.

az_762_nato

Dysfunctional Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, I got it to work for me, it just wont work on GOV networks, they gotta block all the fun. Now, to go see our GIS guys about getting them printed on one of their big printers.... :)

85LSJimmy

Registered Member
Reaction score
Is there any way I can can get these ? Mine are completely missing?

Teck

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
If you do them out of 1/2" you my need to cut them back some at the tailgate for clearance of the tailgate when you close it. I did my with I think 1/4" and covered them and they are a tight fit at the tailgate.

Slade001

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I know its a little late, but i used 2 sheets of masonite for my replacements. I glued the 2 1/8" sheets together and cut out the pattern. VERY rigid, but flexible enough to go with the slight curve of the body.

Blue85

Yooper
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Make them out of pegboard so it's easy to organize your gear back there. :waytogo:

I had some made of 1/4" plywood for a while. The bottom was carpet and the top was just finished wood (oak-faced ply). Didn't really like it, but it could have been saved with a couple yards of vinyl from Jo-Ann fabrics.

Then I built them out of 3/4" MDF as speaker cabinets for some low profile subs. Works OK, but not nearly as good as my real sub box did. It is quite good for the 6x9s that are in it. The whole thing is covered in headliner material. Had a topper seal leak a while back, so now some parts on the inside are swollen. Would like to do it over again someday and I'm not sure what approach to take. To make the sub box thing ideal, I think the side panels would have to come out a couple inches and lose that interior space.

steve zimmerman

Registered Member
Reaction score
Make them out of pegboard so it's easy to organize your gear back there. :waytogo:

I had some made of 1/4" plywood for a while. The bottom was carpet and the top was just finished wood (oak-faced ply). Didn't really like it, but it could have been saved with a couple yards of vinyl from Jo-Ann fabrics.

Then I built them out of 3/4" MDF as speaker cabinets for some low profile subs. Works OK, but not nearly as good as my real sub box did. It is quite good for the 6x9s that are in it. The whole thing is covered in headliner material. Had a topper seal leak a while back, so now some parts on the inside are swollen. Would like to do it over again someday and I'm not sure what approach to take. To make the sub box thing ideal, I think the side panels would have to come out a couple inches and lose that interior space.
seems like this would be a great spot to put a trap door so you can access the inside for storage?

runamok151

1 ton status
Reaction score
It's easy to solve the swelled/ damp rotting wood for anyone who uses a plywood (like 1/4" luan) or particle board/ MDF. Just paint the whole thing w/ bedliner. I've used Rustoleum bedliner on wood a few times. It soaks right in and sticks even better than on metal. Just cover the edges, especially the end grain, really well and it's totally waterproofed.

Top Bottom