CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Ryoken's 96 Furd twofiddy

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

full

full

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Hasn’t towed much?
Unless it’s got a 5th wheel in the box I think that’s a good thing for a buyer.

it very rarely has towed... and only small boats...

the first thing i have to do is drop the front tank, as it's leaking somewhere... mostly gonna be trying to give it a different look as opposed to mechanical upgrades..

Moody Bricker

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got pulled over with a bumper like that,"thay said" the auto reader said the plates was for a douge magmun" "went home and cut the dam ball off..

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
so... as alluded to in the other thread, I'm gonna ditch the white... Wade had come up with a good looking copper.. But I'm wondering now how my gold K5 color would look combo'd with the red... Not that I have leftovers to shoot it, but it would be nice to have some for future K5 work like the hood...

76zimmer

Flyin Rat
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So the big question remains....7 lug?
What about a silver middle with a color separating thin black stripe

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So the big question remains....7 lug?
What about a silver middle with a color separating thin black stripe

8, with 7 lug caps..... ;)

silver is the easiest solution as it allows me to more easily keep chrome on the rig, bumpers, mirrors, even rims potentially.. if i go with a coppery gold deal, I'll wanna thug it out with black front treatment, rims and eventually build bumpers...

I tend to dig the black treatment better. than chrome.... even if i go copper/gold, I'll do a black stripe to break em up...

oh, FTR.... this will be THE first vehicle I've ever owned with working AC... :haha: :pimp:

dhcomp

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
While I encourage your latest purchase, I have to try to tell you to leave it alone.

if it’s going to replace the black truck, sweet. Catchup on deferred maintenance, and leave it alone.

even things like paint, that are more labor than money, cost money.

keep your labor and $$$ focus on Mutt!!

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
While I encourage your latest purchase, I have to try to tell you to leave it alone.

if it’s going to replace the black truck, sweet. Catchup on deferred maintenance, and leave it alone.

even things like paint, that are more labor than money, cost money.

keep your labor and $$$ focus on Mutt!!

that's just long term thinking... other than dealing with the fuel leak and removing the cap, i'll basically just drive it for a while... may f*ck around debadging it and such.....

Last edited:

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you plan on towing look into a Chevy HD mirror swap. Ford mirrors suck. Also if you need to replace a tank check into a bronco tank swap. I absolutely hate filling up this era of truck with fuel. You have to hold the nozzle just right and it takes forever to get the two tanks full. Broncos run one big tank out back like a blazer but like 38 gallons.

dhcomp

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you plan on towing look into a Chevy HD mirror swap. Ford mirrors suck. Also if you need to replace a tank check into a bronco tank swap. I absolutely hate filling up this era of truck with fuel. You have to hold the nozzle just right and it takes forever to get the two tanks full. Broncos run one big tank out back like a blazer but like 38 gallons.

The newer pull out ones? The amazon version i've ran has been quality. Not OEM, but for the price, they were respectable.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005H12QXG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom