CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Spark Plug Wires - Did A Search, No Find -------

BEHJR

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Been having a little sputter in the engine of the 75 K5. Rebuilt the carb and new plugs. Still there. Am beginning to suspect plug wires. What brands are good and what do you recommend and where to get them.

TIA

BH. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

4x4mike

Registered Member
Reaction score
I too have gone with the Auto Zone plugs. I think that they also have some Nascar endorsed wires but I don't think that they offer much more. Another wire to look into would be the MSD 8mm.

Hossbaby50

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I run MSD super conductor wires. 8.5mm and very low resistence. They are more expensive (paid $60) but they are lasting very well and work well too.

I have run the Borg Warner Nascar Selects also and they are ok wire too. There resistence is lower then most standard spark plug wires.

Harley

k20

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
I run MSD super conductor wires. 8.5mm and very low resistence. They are more expensive (paid $60) but they are lasting very well and work well too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Those are the same wires I got, I got the custom length ones, wasnt too hard to do em up, took maybe an hr to measure, cut, make, install.

Hossbaby50

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Mine were premade cut to length. There is an application for 85-95 HEI trucks. They are like $20 cheaper then cut to fit. They don't turn out as clean on the install though since you can't make them exact.

Harley

Beast388

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I've had the same set of Accel 8.8mm wires on my truck for about 4 years now. Performance has been flawless. I paid around $45 for them from Jegs. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Top Bottom