CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

The future of Blazer Bash. More bull crap.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yep, we need 1 person to step up and say “I’ll be the big chief” and someone else who wants to be Chief Peon

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yep, we need 1 person to step up and say “I’ll be the big chief” and someone else who wants to be Chief Peon
This is still our biggest need

The all hands on deck attitude you all bring at the event is awesome though, it does really help and is greatly appreciated

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
The shit has officially hit the fan.

I received an e-mail from Grand County Utah today. The DOI/BLM, SITLA and Grand County are sharing permit information.

Grand County is requiring an event permit for anything traveling through Grand County. The ordinance says anything being "hosted" in Grand County. To them this means if it is traveling in Grand county at all. Even though we are on DOI/BLM and State Lands.

As of now, the permit structure is $175 administrative fee. $200 per day for up to 100 people. So, $775 added onto what we already spend.

8.16.030 Definitions
G. “Special Event” shall mean a sporting, cultural, entertainment, commercial, or similar gathering or
activity, whether for profit or nonprofit, whether open to the public or not, whether located on private or
public land (including trails), occurring for a limited duration not to exceed thirty (30) consecutive days;

8.16.040 Permits Required Unless otherwise provided herein, no person, entity, organization, business, firm, or other establishment
may conduct, organize, establish, institute, operate, or sponsor a Special Event in unincorporated Grand
County without first obtaining a valid written Special Event Permit issued by Grand County. In addition,
all Special Events shall operate under a valid Grand County business license, or temporary business
license, pursuant to Title 5 of the Grand County General Ordinances, as amended.

8.16.150 Remedies and Penalties In the event a Permittee or Special Event is violating local, state, or federal law or conditions of
approval, the County shall have the following remedies:
A. Cancel or stop the Special Event and/or revoke the Special Event Permit;
B. Seek an injunction in the Moab District Court;
C. Issue Civil Fines pursuant to the Grand County Consolidated Fee Schedule, this Chapter, and
Title 1 of the Grand County General Ordinances;
D. Issue criminal citations. Any person, firm, entity, or corporation found violating this chapter or
the conditions of approval shall be guilty of a Class C misdemeanor; or

E. Deny the Permittee or Special Event a Special Event Permit for up to the following three (3)
years.

Also required now is a Grand County Business license. I am sure they are going to be requiring sales tax in that. I was just informed by my contact at the county that the license should be part of the permit by the time I have to do the final application.

No sleeping for me for days now. Should I check my blood pressure now?

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
That damn greedy county is like the California of Eastern Utah. And since I see you wrote " traveling through" I'm assuming you can't just move the event to the south end of the valley which is San Juan County?

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Plus a required business license

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score

I received an e-mail from Grand County Utah today. The DOI/BLM, SITLA and Grand County are sharing permit information.

Grand County is requiring an event permit for anything traveling through Grand County. The ordinance says anything being "hosted" in Grand County. To them this means if it is traveling in Grand county at all. Even though we are on DOI/BLM and State Lands.

As of now, the permit structure is $175 administrative fee. $200 per day for up to 100 people. So, $775 added onto what we already spend.

8.16.030 Definitions
G. “Special Event” shall mean a sporting, cultural, entertainment, commercial, or similar gathering or
activity, whether for profit or nonprofit, whether open to the public or not, whether located on private or
public land (including trails), occurring for a limited duration not to exceed thirty (30) consecutive days;

8.16.040 Permits Required Unless otherwise provided herein, no person, entity, organization, business, firm, or other establishment
may conduct, organize, establish, institute, operate, or sponsor a Special Event in unincorporated Grand
County without first obtaining a valid written Special Event Permit issued by Grand County. In addition,
all Special Events shall operate under a valid Grand County business license, or temporary business
license, pursuant to Title 5 of the Grand County General Ordinances, as amended.

8.16.150 Remedies and Penalties In the event a Permittee or Special Event is violating local, state, or federal law or conditions of
C. Issue Civil Fines pursuant to the Grand County Consolidated Fee Schedule, this Chapter, and
D. Issue criminal citations. Any person, firm, entity, or corporation found violating this chapter or

E. Deny the Permittee or Special Event a Special Event Permit for up to the following three (3)
years.

Also required now is a Grand County Business license. I am sure they are going to be requiring sales tax in that. I was just informed by my contact at the county that the license should be part of the permit by the time I have to do the final application.

Give them the giant middle finger. Tell them to shove their greedy fingers up their asses and we’ll take our money elsewhere.
I’ll cancel my reservations and never go there again as far as I’m concerned. I’m so tired of these greedy political hacks.
I have this sudden urge to do some nice lawn jobs on some county property!

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are so screwed up I did not receive the "one time password" to verify the email and create the account so I can fill out the paperwork. I guess they really do not want us there.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give them the giant middle finger. Tell them to shove their greedy fingers up their asses and we’ll take our money elsewhere.
I’ll cancel my reservations and never go there again as far as I’m concerned. I’m so tired of these greedy political hacks.
I am glad you said that. I am going to contact Windrock OHV park. It is only an hour from me.:D Think, rock bouncer competitions.

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard the current regime down there is anti offroad. I wonder if all the pedal biker events and every single thing happening in moab will have to do this same crap?
Makes me want to get with my county commissioners here and see if we can get more trails and such going to draw their losses here. (We are the next county over from Grand County where Moab is) .

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bet lots more stuff will be moving to San Juan County to the south. I know they have some trails that are completely in that county but I'm not sure how many.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard the current regime down there is anti offroad. I wonder if all the pedal biker events and every single thing happening in moab will have to do this same crap?
Makes me want to get with my county commissioners here and see if we can get more trails and such going to draw their losses here. (We are the next county over from Grand County where Moab is) .
Any planned event. No matter who hosts it. My contact was very open (really polite and nice to talk to) about the fact that the commissioners do not want outsiders in the county. No matter what they do.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sand Hollow is where some are moving to. Too far for me to drive. Y'all would be on your own.

nvrenuf

Klaatu barada nikto
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Isn't this what they WANT? If you want to give them the middle finger you'd need to go wheeling there more.

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any planned event. No matter who hosts it. My contact was very open (really polite and nice to talk to) about the fact that the commissioners do not want outsiders in the county. No matter what they do.
Thats crazy! When I lived there from '14-'16 they were pushing tourism like no other. I even heard from a business on the tourism board that they wanted to do a ski resort if possible to make it a year round destination, now they are wanting to push people away! I guess they finally learned how much it sucks when they got so super overcrowded during the pandemic.

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score

8.16.030 Definitions

years.

WOW, this is getting messed up more and more... might have to seriously consider a new location.

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
Grand Junction is right up the highway and has the same kind of trails. The BLM actually worked with the local club to open new trails. Moab is awesome but if the permitting and fees become too much I think that area would be a good alternative. If you wheel east from Moab or west from Grand Junction you end up in the same place. It's also right down the highway from ORD, a long time sponsor and lovers of all things square.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
This blows. As much as I love the area it makes me want to not spend a penny in town if at all. Grand Junction is one hell of an alternative. Sand Hollow seems to be way more receptive to 4wd events too.

Anybody speak to the guy running Full-size invasion so see if this Moab political crap is part of the reason they moved to Sand Hollow?

Top Bottom