Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tieing roll cage into frame...What have you all done? PICS?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fortcollinsram, Apr 19, 2004.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I am trying to get my cage design together and am looking at for ideas to tie the cage to the frame...What have you guys done? Pics? Advice?

Thanks

Chris

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

ORD has done that to there green truck, if you look at the pics one of them shows the 2 bars coming and mounting above the rails. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I'm interested in this to because I want to do it for the blazer in a few years...

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am no authority on this, but I believe the body mounting points are used attach a cab-cage to a frame.

4. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

Various rollcage articles I have scanned by: Yukon Jack check out his post in the tech forum it was very informative and one of the articles discusses the tieing of the cage to the frame just can't remember which one of the articles it's in but they have great pics/info. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

My front 4 posts bolt to the floor with plates below the floor that are welded to the frame through more tubing. The rear two bars run all the way to the rear "bumper" that is welded to the frame. Seems to work out fine.

6. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

If you look in my webshots album, I bolted the four front floorplates through the floor to the rockslider mounting plates and then ran a brace from that over to the frame. The brace is attached to the floor plates through a poly bushing. On the rear two floorplates I bolted them through the floor to a plate that is attached via a poly bushing to the frame and rear bumper. Pictures are here:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/rjdinkins

Russ