CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Time to freshen up my scooter.

SpeedlabDan

Keepin it trashy never classy
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So I haven rode in about a year or so due to lack of time and interest in surviving the highway cars. So it's been moth balled while I work on trucks but I have a kinda important poker run to go on so why not take all the turbo system fuel management system off since it's n/asp for now.

So I just ordered some carb parts like a float bowl (other is plugged for a blow thru psi setup), gasket, a male an6 tube adapter for the inlet (wanted to do for a while) and the rest of the parts needed will be hand made like the rest of the bike.

The headlamp mount bracket sgeered the bolts out of the lower tree from vibration my last trip out. That will be going in the mill to be redrilled and the bracket may be remade for new dimensions.

I also keep losing threaded battery hold downs so I need to rethink that as well.

Clear lens back in the headlamp for dot.

If I get to it I'd like to add a spring loaded lower chain tension sprocket but I've been OK so far.

IMG_8370.JPG

IMG_8369.JPG

IMG_7929.JPG

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I also need to build a cage to incase my oil cooler bc I keep breaking all the aluminum mounts off. On #3 but it don't leak so think outside the box... Put it in a box! This may take some thinkerin and time to tig up.

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Some fuel system parts came in I'm gonna try to squirrel away a couple hours Sunday in the shop just for this then maybe move on to some other tasks time permitted

2018-08-15 09.08.54.jpg

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
idle naturally aspirated with the power fuel system hooked up and the regulator turned down to 4psi so it's starving and has too big a inlet valve so rich at the same time. It's what has to come off

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Spent all day tying up loose ends. Got a lot done. Still can't figure out the communication issue between my Crane hi4 ignition and the vdo tachometer. Crane calls for use of the brown wire. Vdo says hook to the coil this coil is -, +, - so not as Strait forward as they say. Headlamp mount is rebuilt and painted for now. Carb is reverted back to stock with new Viton fuel line.

IMG_20180916_143244.jpg

IMG_20180916_175446.jpg

IMG_20180916_175503.jpg

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So I tied up some more loose ends, made a better battery hold down and started this oil cooler cage. The most daunting task is trying to keep all the parts of this bike from rattling off or breaking off. I've been thru 2 stock Buell coolers and this setrab I welded 1/2" tabs of aluminum. Luckily the welds broke even though I had it spaced with 1/4"rubber.
This cage will still sandwich rubber on the front side and the stay going to the engine will still be isolated. The idea is to make the exo-cage strong enough not to break but still House the aluminum cooler from taring.

IMG_20180918_135915.jpg

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So here's the finished exo cage for the oil cooler. The shroud/scoop conveniently rattled off at 90mph on a back country road for this shot. I have a spare but I can't find it yet. It's been a few years. Running good, I probably went a little lean on the pilot but it's a big to do to take the carb off. I guess it's ready for the charity run tomorrow...

IMG_20180922_103350.jpg

Top Bottom