CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

What is a good brand of amp?

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
Hey, So far in my DD I have a pioneer cdplayer, and 4 kenwood 4 way speakers. I'm investing in dual 12's eventually, but wanted a amp to feed the subs, what are good brands for making car amps, quality, warnanty, durablity, power, etc. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Z3PR

Banned
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, and what's the price range for them?

[/ QUOTE ]Not cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I recomend looking for those brands on Ebay. I bought my amp off Ebay and still paid over $350.00 . Not bad for a amp that sells in the hi-end stereo shops for over $1,100.00 . /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

mud390

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I just put two Crossfire P1's and a 600 crossfire amp in my truck. Including the custom box, wiring, install, and everything it was just shy of $1000 bucks. Equipment only would have been around $900ish. Sounds freakin AWESOME!!!!! I hightly recomend Crossfire!

Kris

cochino12

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
if you are looking for an amp I used to run a small car stereo shop and can get you wholesale pricing. No, I'm not trying to pedal stuff on the board but its always nice to help eachother with good deals.

Adam

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I have a Memphis amp runnin 6 speakers, two of which are 15" Kicker CompVR's.
It runs these speakers with no problem.
It's a 4 channel amp, that cost me like $260 or so.

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have 2 Arc Audio amps and all JL audio speakers and subs.
I love my Arc amps, lots of power and crystal clear clarity. My CXL2500 retails for around 600-800 bucks and my CXL 4050 go for around $400 IFAIK. JL audio makes awesome subs and good amps also. I have 3 10W3V2's for subs.

ugly_blazer

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I like JL Audio. I had a 500/5 that ran (6) 6.5's and (2) 12's real well. Decide on how much $$$ you want to spent on an amp and then buy subs according. ie. - Don't buy "top-of-the-line" power hungry subs and run them with a small amp. Buy subs that will run well with the size amp that you buy.

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Check ebay for Rockford Fosgate Punch ###IX amps or DSM amps, or orian amps (not Cobalt).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was informed that Orion went out of business, or was bought out by someone else.

85posjimmy

Registered Member
Reaction score
well there are a couple of good amps i would suggest. iwould either go with phionex gold or MA Audio (hard Kore) series. with the MA Audio you would get the same quality as a phionex gold but for half the price. your looking at between $200-$500. i have a great wesite to get these type of amps so let me know. Marcus /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

WakeBoard&4X4er

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
If you are still looking for one i have a Punch 200 or Punch 60 to sell. they are the old school ones that will bump the CRAP out of your subs.

guard66s

Registered Member
Reaction score
I have an audiobahn amp running to a single 12" Infinity sub, not amped are my eclipse 6x9's 3 ways, and 2 sony 4" cones, the 6x9's and cones arent amped cuz im savin up for another amp and some 6 1/2" infinity component speakers, i know theyre not the best brands out there, but sounds damn good to me, i got my stuff @ circuit city, good install, not bad prices, plus 2 yr warranty, NO QUESTION ASKED returns if u break it, u can see it here http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/Guard66s/ps/ALBUM/VIEWWEBSITE?foneblog=1085439809691

87BrnRsd

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I am running a Soundstream amp in my dd, and it is great. It is pushing two Alpine 12's with no problem. I actually only have the amp turned about 1/4 of the way up, or else the subs get distorted. Only problem is, Soundstream stuff is expensive. Look on EBAY. I got mine off ebay for like $350, and it retails for over $850. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Soundstream is very good stuff.
-Harrison

Z3PR

Banned
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
I am running a Soundstream amp in my dd, and it is great. It is pushing two Alpine 12's with no problem. I actually only have the amp turned about 1/4 of the way up, or else the subs get distorted. Only problem is, Soundstream stuff is expensive. Look on EBAY. I got mine off ebay for like $350, and it retails for over $850. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Soundstream is very good stuff.
-Harrison

[/ QUOTE ]Soundstream is a good amp.

Top Bottom