CK5
Register an account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

What tool do I need?

nvrenuf

Holy crap, it's running!
 Premium
GMOTM Winner
Joined
Jan 7, 2002
Posts
22,277
Reaction score
12,432
Location
Mobile, Al.
I bought a used hd diff cover a while back and just noticed that the bolt holes must be designed for allen head bolts, there’s no room for a bolt’s hex head between the hole and the “belly” of the cover.

Is there a tool / bit I can use in a drill press that I can use to cut into the belly to create a seat for the hex head? It would be cutting on the edge and side rather than the flat surface directly under the bit.

Something with a hole size pilot would be really helpful.
 
Top Bottom