CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Found WTB Warn 8274

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking for an 8274 to buy around Tuscon AZ. I don't need cable or fairlead. Just want a somewhat decent complete winch. Willing to drive a few hours to pick it up. Looking to spend $500-$800 depending on condition.

Long story short, things are hard to find in Alaska. I am in Arizona for the next month, an 8274 without cable or fairlead is light enough to put in a checked bag on my way back home.

ktmoutfront

You are an idiot. Whoever you are
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I just sent my brother a text. He had one for sale a month ago. He is headed to KOH Wednesday. Will be in lake Havasu on Thursday. I will let you know.

sweetk30

I build stuff
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
To bad i am almost 3k miles away . . . I got 2 nice used units . And the price of shipping and delay problems it would kill any good deal .

Good luck in the hunt :waytogo:

sweetk30

I build stuff
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Us east coast guys shipping over that BIG ROCK WALL out your way jumps the price . . Been this way for years . I got 2 bare dana 60 housings here i could sell easy in cali but shipping kills it .

Plus the price of wood around here has gone CRAZY . 1 year ago 2x4x8 was under 3 bucks for a good one . Now half rotted econo grade left overs are about 10.00 bucks . So any decent size item will be crazy money to make a create . Lots of shippers want 100% boxed items now so there is plywood and thats around 50 bucks or more a single sheet .

Last edited:

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the look out so far guys.

I'm not opposed to shipping one if the starting price on the unit was low enough. Without cable, fairlead, and oil it should be down to around 70lbs. A good heavy duty cardboard box from homedepot and some packaging would handle that in my opinion. I would probably be willing to ditch the solenoid pack too if required since odds are they are bad and Ill put contactors on it anyway.

75lb 22x22x22" box ups ground from NY to Az is ballpark $160

the market on these things(and everything) has gone bonkers the last 5 or so years. I know I can find a nice one in my budget if I have a bit of patience. Everyone I have seen so far gets snatched up real quick. I leave here 23 feb so I have some time.

Last edited:

skunked

phat block everything
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’ll keep my eye open, I usually see them listed around here.

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still looking. Willing to pay shipping from anywhere in the lower 48. Easy enough to put the drum in one box and the rest in another.

I have a line on one that a guy is restoring but he doesn’t know if he will be done in time.

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score

Seriously, I should have bought one of these things 5 years ago. That second one is close to the price I'm going to pay for a full restored one with all the modern upgrades. Assuming it gets it finished in time. He wont sell it un-restored since that's how he makes his money, apparently has a few buyers lined up for them.

I set a hard limit at $1k for a unknown condition one. considering It'll need at least $500 for rope and a contactor. It better be nice for me to want to spend more than that.

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Driving through Alberta anytime soon!?

View attachment 367252

Unfortunately no. I'll give you $100 finder fee if you want to pick it up and ship it to me though.

Its times like this that I think not having facebook is shooting myself in the foot, marketplace is the new Craigslist.

EDIT, looks like your a few hours away... If you're interested we could work out an suitable finders fee. Looks like shipping with ups will be like $400USD though.

Last edited:

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. I'll give you $100 finder fee if you want to pick it up and ship it to me though.

Its times like this that I think not having facebook is shooting myself in the foot, marketplace is the new Craigslist.

EDIT, looks like your a few hours away... If you're interested we could work out an suitable finders fee. Looks like shipping with ups will be like $400USD though.

I would like to help you out unfortunately I don’t have time for it. Probably 2 hours south of me. And honestly I’m surprised it hasn’t sold. Seen it on there last week and then looked for it today again after I saw you haven’t found one yet.

Yeah market place is the deal spot these days for sure.

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they don’t have it anymore. Yet haven’t taken the ad down

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s a bellview/ warn 8000 series. Cable controlled

Top Bottom