CK5 Forums

Take a few seconds to register your free account to post topics or questions, and view exclusive content!

1945 Willys MB. Part 5, Actually doing things

Low slung big tired Willys Mb

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice! I was expecting black for some retarded reason.

Going to look deadly!
Haha yeah. I was half tempted to do steelit on the frame just for the utility but I want that beat up military look for it. So a good coat of red oxide primer and some mediocre olive drab. The body won’t get any paint, the exterior patches and sliders will be left to rust. I’ll probably paint the floor and underside though.

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Already planning future upgrades on a rig that isn't even built yet. Picked up these slick pieces from Brennan Metcalf. These will let me use standard 6 bolt spindles, hubs, and brakes to full float my rear axle. I have no real plans to do this anytime soon but might as well start collecting parts from junkyards. IMG_0888.jpeg IMG_0889.jpeg

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score
great call on the frame color. Should look sick under the body.
I agree, it really ties everything together and makes it look so much more finished. I’ve been looking at a bare metal frame for the last 6 or so years. I cant wait to get the body back on.

Frame is pretty much finished for now I think. 9AD14857-62C3-45D9-A87D-FC76656F47C5.jpeg B847F5E8-6D89-4906-B747-F573D60EF51B.jpeg

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trying to knock out little things every day. Firewall holes are all filled up. Just need to pin a few more connectors in the wire harness and then the body can go back on. Decided to swap out the front plate. The old one has probably been on there since it was new in ' IMG_1161.jpeg IMG_1160.jpeg IMG_1163.jpeg 63

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have doors for it too?
Unfortunately no, I'm missing the doors and rear panel for the top. I will probably end up making some eventually. Its a super rare OEM Willys hard top. I have yet to see another one except for in really old pictures. So I don't have high hopes of finding a set of doors to use. I do have thoughts of stretching the top too so that would change the size of the doors

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like my wiring actually works. Took the light filters out of the blackout lights and tossed in some LEDs to make stealth turn signals. I filled my brakes and steering today. Just need to re do some seat mounts and put the fuel tank in. As long as there are no major issues I should be driving this weekend.
View attachment IMG_1183.mp4

Top Bottom