CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

1976 Chevy K5 resurrection

BlazerFarm

Texagonian
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tell you what, if you can get this old girl back on the road, that's all I want. I've owned this '76 green Blazer since 1981 when I was about 16 years old. I'm 54 now. I grew up in it. High school, junior college, college, etc. I bet I put over 200,000 miles on this Blazer over 18 years. My brother practiced his body work on it. It's traveled tons of road trips across Texas, years of taking the top off with all of the friends that I grew up with that called it Behemoth :). First dates, first jobs, it always got me where I needed to go. I owned this truck in Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Washington, and Oregon. I can't think of anyone better to send her off to. I think you and your wife will be awesome new owners and I'm glad it'll have a new life.

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm already looking for parts to get her running and driving again.

fear_nothing

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great backstory should be a fun build to watch!

kennyw

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing the work on this old K5. It did me right for decades and I hope you guys have it for more decades.
The plan is to build it to last reliably through retirement. Still working on details but I'm thinking the M1028 will be donating drivetrain...

kennyw

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Had a planning meeting with my wife tonight... if this motor is as described by the seller, we're are going to drop it in the K5 with new gaskets, rebuild the TH350, probably track down a NP205, swap in the 3.73 10 bolts from the Suburban and a 2" lift to get it driveable.

After that, body work and interior.

20190709_204700.jpg

BlazerFarm

Texagonian
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, nice. Yeah, you'll need to do something with the transfer case. That NP203 is pretty trashed. The chain is stretched.

Top Bottom