CK5
Register an account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

2012 Chevrolet Caprice PPV

I drained the oil and saw more gold flakes, plus a needle bearing from the failed rocker arm, which wasn't surprising.
Removed the old oil pan and saw more needle bearings, plus bits of the trunnion and needle bearings in the oil pump pickup tube screen.

How can I effectively clean this, or do I need to buy a new one? 9428.jpg

20261003_181622.jpg

20261003_182527.jpg
 
I think I would would to look inside the oil pump to make sure nothing got inside. Hopefully its all chunks like that that didn't get through.

With that lip folded inward, I think it would be difficult to clean it, I would replace it.
 
Yeah, I'm not rebuilding this engine, just swapping the oil pan, pickup tube, etc onto the low mile, used L96 so I can get this turd back on the road finally

I'll post the L77 for sale when I'm done stripping parts off it. Definitely advise a teardown and rebuild
 
Top Bottom