CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

89-ish K5 build. Beat cancer!!! Time for icecream!

3 Link front, leafs in the rear, 2.5" ADS Racing Shocks!

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
jekquistk5 submitted a new Build:

89-ish K5 build. Icecream run/ family wheeler.

Well I have come full circle as far wheeling rigs. I had the nice mall crawler k5 that started my obsession, then the truggy trailer queen on 42's which I had a bunch of fun with. The truggy was great but only had seats for 2 and was horrible on the road thanks to out of round 42" swappers. So after much consideration I decided to part it out, but keep a few things. I sold the doubler and Beadlocked swampers. This gave me funding to buy the new k5.

Goals for the new k5 is to be more family oriented and use it more, i.e. Icecream runs. Keeping it mild with 35's, 3link front with Ads 2.5" coilivers in the 12" variety. Ford 57's in the back with a shackle flip and the same ads 2.5's with no coils, 2.0 air bumps on all 4 corners. This is going to be a somewhat quick build as my end goal is mid to end of June so I can find issues before heading to Dunefest. The k5 was a rot box but it has a solid frame and a clear green title. I had a solid k5 tub with just surface rust, fenders etc.

I have stripped the k5 to the frame and have most of the frame cleaned and ready for the tub to be dropped on this weekend. Having the right tools have made everything way easier. The hoist is one of my best purchases, after that the plasma takes the cake.

Anyway to appease @Deuling pics

View attachment 226537

View attachment 226538

View attachment 226539

View attachment 226540

View attachment 226541

View attachment 226542

View attachment 226543

View attachment 226544

View attachment 226545

View attachment 226546

View attachment 226547

View attachment 226548

Read more about this build here...

Last edited by a moderator:

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've been working on it 3-5 days a week. I'm not going extreme with the cage or even doing the full vert conversion, or even paint this year. I try to make it to the shop even if its for 45 minutes.

76zimmer

Flyin Rat
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
getting to the shop can be the hardest part of the day for me.
thanks for putting up a thread Jesse...I'll be tuned in!

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Fat guys love cookies and ice cream.

Are you suggesting another build week?

Been way to long since I've seen you guys!

Might need some help before dunefest. That being said I'll probably be too broke to fly you out. Dropping some serious coin in the next week or so after my bank cools off from all the parts that are rolling in this week.

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well tried to clean rest of the frame but a gas line broke while it was removing it and spilled gas all over the frame so I wasn't going to cut it grind on the frame.

So I started fixing @Babaganoosh 's old tna crossmember that had been modified and chopped to fit a first gen. Cutting the ears off was easy, the grinding of the old weld to get it to be flat again took some time. Was only able to get one side done.

Aldo the rest of my ruffstuff order came in.

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_0931.JPG

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I find it really funny you have that cross member. Tuition pile recycled. I don't mean that in a bad way, it really is a nice piece but wouldn't fit my application needs.

Can't wait to see more progress on this!

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Got the tna xmember in and got gas tank dropped, then all the brackets off the rear of the frame. Bolts where seized in the bushings and I couldn't get the plasma torch close enough to torch off. So I torched the rivets off.

And my rear springs showed up.

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The ord flip can be 52 or 56. I know adam moved his 2" so that's what I was going off of. Maybe I'll do 1.5"

Top Bottom