Bicycles

bsgreen

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks amazing! You running plus tires? Does it give you enough traction?

Yea it's a pretty good trail. They cut in a few alternate lines so you can up the fun if you were inclined.
Running 27.5x2.8 it works okay on the groomed/packed trails. Might try swapping on studded tires and see if it does a little better. Fat bike would definitely be ideal

shond100

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea it's a pretty good trail. They cut in a few alternate lines so you can up the fun if you were inclined.
Running 27.5x2.8 it works okay on the groomed/packed trails. Might try swapping on studded tires and see if it does a little better. Fat bike would definitely be ideal
gotcha! With the winter we have had- lots of freezing/thawing- I was tempted to build another wheelset for the fatty with studs. But I dont know if its worth it.. It is a fair amount of work studding them and switching them.

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Went up to lake philsbury and got some shuttle runs in. We had to clear the trails from fallen trees then it was ripping. They were more suited for uphill moto trails but you could open it up going downhill on the bike

20210221_102205.jpg

20210221_102607.jpg

shond100

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Went up to lake philsbury and got some shuttle runs in. We had to clear the trails from fallen trees then it was ripping. They were more suited for uphill moto trails but you could open it up going downhill on the bike

View attachment 369506

View attachment 369507
Dang looks sweet! You ever go-pro any of your rides?

Snow is starting to melt around here.. hopefully can send it full tilt in a month or so!!

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Dang looks sweet! You ever go-pro any of your rides?

Snow is starting to melt around here.. hopefully can send it full tilt in a month or so!!

I don't have one but usually someone in our group has one. Here is some video from the run

He'll ya! That's sweet the snownis starting to melt

shond100

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have one but usually someone in our group has one. Here is some video from the run

He'll ya! That's sweet the snownis starting to melt
Dang! Freaking awesome and not going to lie that looks a bit sketchy too!

shond100

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That looks sweet! I still am on the Anchorage Trek store email list from when we rented a couple years ago and see the mentions of fat biking. Always wondered what it would be like... now I am jealous..

TreeFarm

Internet fabricator.
Premium Member
Reaction score
That looks sweet! I still am on the Anchorage Trek store email list from when we rented a couple years ago and see the mentions of fat biking. Always wondered what it would be like... now I am jealous..

Fat biking is pretty sweet, not enough for me to buy my own but I'll rent one a few times a year.

bsgreen

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anybody try running Hunt wheels? Seems like they get some good reviews. Just ordered a set of xc wide 29ers to swap with my plus tires for the pedal heavy rides. Hopefully it's money well spent

Groz's Burb

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I ride an EcoMotion 750w foldable all-terrain bike. It's got front suspension and a 7 speed shimano linked with the rear hub motor. 20x4" all terrain tires.Goes about 26mph. I only ride it in the woods/mtb trails and bike paths; no road-riding for this guy
20210109_171046.jpg

20210110_163051.jpg

shond100

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anybody try running Hunt wheels? Seems like they get some good reviews. Just ordered a set of xc wide 29ers to swap with my plus tires for the pedal heavy rides. Hopefully it's money well spent
I honestly never heard of them but looking at the specs they look like good ones! Let us know what you think..

Top Bottom