Blazer's 68 Nova "Stephanie"

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by kgblazerfive, Sep 20, 2012.

1. ktmoutfront

ktmoutfront GnomeWorks LLC Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    I am keeping an eye out for a cheap 3 bay restaurant sink. One bay cleaning fluid. Second bay, soap and water. Third clean water and a drain board on the end.

kgblazerfive and Bent77 like this.
  2. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Bit of an update.

Found out where the water came from, which makes me happy. After intake was off and stuff. Was doing some looking around found a bit of surface rust as in like three spots in the hole that the distributor goes through. Then on the top of the oil pump rod had some also. So nearest I can figure it leaked down the distributor hole. Which is a good thing if water is going to get in figure that was the best place for it to go.

Also need to get a new oil pan, wasn't really planning on using the one that it had but... it going to hit the frame so its not going to work anyway.

max 02 likes this.
  3. Bent77

Bent77 lil meanie Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    I think I moved the engine back an inch on my 68 camaro because of the oil pan

obviously that generates other concerns, but never had to play the oil pan game

kgblazerfive likes this.
  4. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    So have been doing some work on Steph. Bought some new stuff, trying to slug along a bit.

Got a new fuel cell. Got some new fuel line too. Going to get it started with the stuff that is in it now then mod it after it runs.

Had to do a bit of modifying to fit the stock oil pan. Next step was to redo the crossmember but taking out the stock baffling fit the windage tray.
    Spent about an hour trimming the crank scraper just about done.

Nova11.jpg

Nova9.jpg

Nova10.jpg

ashman, fastazz81, max 02 and 3 others like this.