CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Driving to BB2022

K85 Octane

Tacklin' Fuel
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
$5.16 for the cheapest ARCO around here. That’s San Bernardino, get closer to LA Co and you’re talking $5.50-$6.50 right now. Even Costco is barely worth the wait because the wait VS saving isn’t much.

Only years I made it to the Bash was when renting a tow rig. With my new van I can save that $800 rental fee and it goes to gas. I’ll probably end up even with past years…maybe.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
First thing this morning our stations haven't jumped over $4 yet. Won't take any bets on whether or not that will be different on the drive home.

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don't really import that much oil from Russia. Its more of a global situation where the price of a barrel of crude is up so the price at the pump is up too. There has to be profiteering going on with the oil companies, the price rose far too fast. The price rose at the pump before any import ban. This will settle out soon and slowly fix itself. I agree with the thought that prices will be high all summer before any real price drop comes along. Supply and demand capitalism works just fine but the system is slow to react.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
The problem is refining capacity. You're looking at about 6 months to see a difference from more crude being pulled out of the ground. Then we gotta have enough refining capacity to take advantage of the additional crude.

But I agree, some people are making lots of money off perception more so than reality.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Interesting gas prices around here. Beginning of the week most of them shot up to $3.99. I noticed last night 6 out of 9 stations have dropped to $3.749 which includes my little town. The other 2 stations are $3.799. Usually the 2 stations in our town are 20 cents higher. Pretty interesting that they are almost all the same price and it went down 20 to 25 cents. And they are all different brands except the 2 at $3.799 are both Kum & Go.

nvrenuf

Klaatu barada nikto
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Typically, where I live is priced on the lower end of the spectrum but last night I noticed diesel was $5.19, I filled up at the same station 2 days before for $4.69.

The most I ever paid during the Obama years was $4.89.

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting gas prices around here. Beginning of the week most of them shot up to $3.99. I noticed last night 6 out of 9 stations have dropped to $3.749 which includes my little town. The other 2 stations are $3.799. Usually the 2 stations in our town are 20 cents higher. Pretty interesting that they are almost all the same price and it went down 20 to 25 cents. And they are all different brands except the 2 at $3.799 are both Kum & Go.
It probably will drop 10-20 cents and hold. There was reporting that some of the oil reserve is being released to keep things from getting out of hand. I got some this morning 10 cents less than yesterday.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
$4.00 here for the last week.

I had an offer of a rental wheeler when I first moved here. I may have to hit him up and see if the offer is still good. Drive my truck out and wheel. I would feel bad if I broke it.

Because I have never broken someone else's rig while wheeling it.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score

I had an offer of a rental wheeler when I first moved here. I may have to hit him up and see if the offer is still good. Drive my truck out and wheel. I would feel bad if I broke it.

Speaking of that, I could haul Nick's Sledgehammer out.....

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Maybe staying out of the Escalator might help that. :haha: That obstacle seems to be your kryptonite.

Top Bottom