CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Dual Quad EFI

acm

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could be slowest race ever.

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
The very rare Rambler SS

Read your comments in your cone crusher post. There's not much interest here, let's clog away...

Have some of the same thoughts about chassis. I wanted to see what I could do with some bolt on suspension parts and if that didn't float my boat I'd build a tube chassis for the Crusty 72 Ambo that you saw and make it somewhat reminiscent of the 72 Bobby Allison Matador (you asked why I kept getting northern car... well don't care about the floors or trunk, only really cared about the basic shell and the interior parts are a bonus).
The plaque made less of a difference to me and track time and such, because I'm not really in a position to make many track days. On the plus side, when I can get out, there's tons of little 2 lane, curvy roads around here to keep ya entertained.

As far as posting projects and setting yourself up for failure. Completely understandable but I'm used to projects/programs constantly coming and going from work, so that's not big deal to me. Things change, adapt and go on. But your concerns are why I generally only post stuff here... much better group of degenerative gear heads than any other site I know of.

So back to the original post,,, Get crackin on your crossram.
I'm too old & lazy to figure all this shit out!
You keep saying you're too old, how old are you?
You sound like you are younger than most of us here except of course beags :pimp:

acm

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
You keep saying you're too old, how old are you?
You sound like you are younger than most of us here except of course beags :pimp:

Yep, beags is just a kid. I'm late 40's.

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, beags is just a kid. I'm late 40's.
Look who is talking.
If you don't get senior discounts you are not old, just lazy :pimp:.
I will be next year so for now I am just lazy :doah:
I don't know who is worse you or me with unfinished projects. I think you can give me a run for my money.

beags86

Eastbound and Down
Reaction score
Look who is talking.
If you don't get senior discounts you are not old, just lazy :pimp:.
I will be next year so for now I am just lazy :doah:
I don't know who is worse you or me with unfinished projects. I think you can give me a run for my money.
How many?

acm

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I call bullshit. I don't actually know but I'm guess older then that....

Well, your shining personality shows thru again...

Now, get the f#ck off my lawn!!!

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
I think the Terminator, HP, or Dominator series should work great. All of them all self learning but also offer the Holley software you can hook your laptop up to for infinite tuning capability.

Edelbrock is great to if you don't need transmission control, or laptop control. But they only offer the dual quads for the Hemi so it would be expensive to piece it together and wouldn't look as original as the Holley.

I like the FAST EZ system on my truck but lets be honest it was designed 10 years ago and has fallen behind from what is available today. I'd go Holley or Edelbrock these days.

Big Stuff 3 is powerful also but a lot more setup for racing purposes, they have wireless control now. John is basically the guy that invented digital fuel injection.

acm

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the Terminator, HP, or Dominator series should work great. All of them all self learning but also offer the Holley software you can hook your laptop up to for infinite tuning capability.

Edelbrock is great to if you don't need transmission control, or laptop control. But they only offer the dual quads for the Hemi so it would be expensive to piece it together and wouldn't look as original as the Holley.

I like the FAST EZ system on my truck but lets be honest it was designed 10 years ago and has fallen behind from what is available today. I'd go Holley or Edelbrock these days.

Big Stuff 3 is powerful also but a lot more setup for racing purposes, they have wireless control now. John is basically the guy that invented digital fuel injection.

Crazy to see actual "tech" in this thread.
Looks like time to start saving pennies for the Holley Terminator...
Thanks for the advice.

acm

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
It only takes one to ruin it.

Yep...

I think i am going to go with a holley system if I ever get far enough to switch engines

Yep again... Have a Terminator kit with the 2x4 harness and extra throttle body is sitting in my cart for the bargain price of only $3,957.85. It does include a GM trans controller though.

beags86

Eastbound and Down
Reaction score
Yep...

Yep again... Have a Terminator kit with the 2x4 harness and extra throttle body is sitting in my cart for the bargain price of only $3,957.85. It does include a GM trans controller though.
Do you need the gm trans controller ?

Top Bottom