CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Freddy 94 nv 3500 2x4 Cheep beater.

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Talked to Russell about everything last night and I asked him about oil for it. This is what he suggested. And luckily they had it in my home town Napa.

BB59585D-BCA7-40E0-B58C-A9D7FD715002.jpeg

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The trans is a bit whiny in 1st and second. Also at idle in neutral until the clutch is depressed. Not to worried it works fine. If it get really loud we have the other trans to use.

What makes a TBI 350 start slow?
Haven’t checked the condition of the dizzy cap yet. Starts good after it has been running, still has old gas in it but I did add about 4 gallons fresh gas to the tank.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
By start slow, do you mean cranks for a long time or cranks slow?

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
The aftermarket tbi in my crew cab is the same way. It cranks longer on the first start of the day. It seems to help if I let the fuel pump prime thru its full cycle. Not much help for you, I know. :D

If I was to try something on mine to help, I'd try new plugs first. They've got a lot of miles and trail hours on them.

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The aftermarket tbi in my crew cab is the same way. It cranks longer on the first start of the day. It seems to help if I let the fuel pump prime thru its full cycle. Not much help for you, I know. :D

If I was to try something on mine to help, I'd try new plugs first. They've got a lot of miles and trail hours on them.
I counted this morning 32f took 5 seconds. Doesn’t seem like a long time but thought it should fire sooner. I’m sure a good tune up and maybe a treatment of sea foam in the tank would be helpful.

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd do a good tune up and you could maybe rebuild the tbi also. Could try and clean your injectors first but I bet they aren't spraying as nice as they could be.

76zimmer

Flyin Rat
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Weak fuel pump? I think my 99 mimics your issue.
I tend to turn my key to run position for a couple seconds before I crank, then it fires right up.

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Does it help, if you turn the key on, to energize the fuel pump, and wait a few seconds before cranking?

Martin

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Does it help, if you turn the key on, to energize the fuel pump, and wait a few seconds before cranking?

Martin
Actually tried that today after Dave mentioned it. Didn’t make a difference. I remember my 98 z71 you could hear the pump, I can’t on this one.

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Trucks going to sit for awhile anyway. Today it’s covered in ice and my kid doesn’t need it till January. We got a bit of time to get it all happy.

Top Bottom