Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Friday afternoons at High Angle Driveline....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Consist of tug-o-wars in the parking lot-
    [​IMG]

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Sorry for the bad pic....too much dust. :haha:

The other guy that works at HAD has an '87 regular cab, 4x4 long bed, man trans, 22r Toyota truck. For the past month or so he had been insisting that he could beat me in a tug-o-war.:eek1: Said he was gonna drag me "all over the parking lot". My truck is an '83 K20, Pretty healthy 330hp/500lb tq 454, 465/208, 10b/14bsf open front and rear. So last Friday we settled it. :D The first go'round, I just flat out stood on the gas pedal. One front tire and one rear tearin it up..lol! Drug him accross the lot...all 4 of his tires were goin. That was pretty cool. Second time, I just held the brakes while he was bouncin of the rev limiter, reached down, threw it into low range, put the tranny in low, and let the clutch out with no gas pedal. Still drug his ass around. :D:D:D

Burn outs and tug-o-wars get me soooo excited I just start shaking and giggleing and shiit. I was high on addrenilin for an hour afterwards. :haha: :haha: :bow: :bow:

And on the tech side- Since I built and installed the 454 in place of the 6.2, I'm learning that my stock replacement style clutch isn't gonna cut it. Just not enough clamping force I guess. I could still smell the clutch stench the next day after the tug-o-war thing. Will the centerforce dual-friction clutch hold up for me? Other suggestions? Gotta do somethin different someday. :doah:

2. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Some little Yota jumpin up-n-down singin "ME ME"? Wasn't there some dude like that wanted to be Pres?
    Aaaayyyyyyy (Dean).:haha:

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

ok after this thread, branndonC gatta get-r-done and pull that powerstroke around already :)

sweet man!

4. Zeus33rd

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Actually sounded like- DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA. LOL!:laugh: :haha: :laugh: :haha:

5. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

even if its a crappy picture atleast we got one, ehh brandon! :deal:

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Had a Centerforce II in a Datsun 280Z that I had set up nearly full race. That thing was outstanding. Different application, but I suspect it would do you right.

7. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I have the dual friction behind my 6.2 and love it, don't think I have ever had it slip

8. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ouch... but a ps is much heavier then a k5... Might be fun to see though

9. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

this was a few fridays ago - Jess

Picture 590.jpg

10. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

just harassing the guy a little bit, hes local to me and though I havent met him yet I know people who have and say hes a pretty cool dude. :D Anyone have some videos of some trucks tuggin against each other?

11. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

oooh, which makes me think...anyone have any pics of some monster trucks pullin bumpers, now that would be awesome.:saweet:

12. Zeus33rd

Was just talkin about the video thing with Jesse today. One of these days I gotta get a good video camera....We were talkin about doin a tug-o-war with my truck against Jesse's, THAT would be good video! I think it would be pretty one sided though. ARB'd front and rear 38" TSL/SX's against open front and rear almost bald 33" BFG AT's.:eek1: I think if weight is pretty much equal, it would come down to traction on dirt. HP wouldn't be an issue....Atleast on dirt. Jesse has me on hp alittle bit. As long as he leaves the nitrous off. lol Hey Jesse, you should go buy a video camera now. :D