GM resurrecting Hummer as an all-electric ‘super truck’ with 1,000 horsepower

campfire

Adventure is out there!
Premium Member
Reaction score
and you still have to plug em in..................

This is true of every vehicle. Whether gas, diesel, electricity, hydrogen, or any other fuel source. You will be inputting as much energy as the car consumes.

That's like belittling your small block because you hafta keep putting gas into it. :doah:

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Welp, start the countdown for when LS swap guys start sounding like carb guys complaining about new technology...
The LS guys don't have much to worry about, yet. This one is using a motor out of a Bolt which is rated for 200hp and 266 lb/ft of torque.

Admittedly, that's pretty comparable to a wheezy smog era 350 with a carb. We all know the potential for electric motors is massive. It could be a killer ride.
Link to GM's release of the K5 Blazer-e
Chevy SEMA

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Until they make electric cars self sufficient
So you don’t have to plug em in I will stick to small block Chevy.

alternator on a wheel or on all 4 wheels
Google perpetual motion machine... not possible in the real world. Adding an alternator to a wheel increases the energy required to drive that wheel more than the energy generated due to friction.

muddybuddy

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just cant get over the soundtrack (lack there of). I need the v8 rumble.

I guess recorded engine sounds that change with % of force on gas pedal would help and simulate the reving of conventional motor. Still not the same. On a positive, I guess it would be much easier to change the sound of your truck (download a new sound file).

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
The SUV version

2024-GMC-Hummer-EV-SUV-3.jpg

2024-GMC-Hummer-EV-SUV-4.jpg

2024-GMC-Hummer-EV-SUV-1.jpg

Blue85

Yooper
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Wouldn't want to break with the tradition of low visibility windows to mess up Hummer styling. Side of the truck is 6' tall and they can only spare 1' for glass.

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Wouldn't want to break with the tradition of low visibility windows to mess up Hummer styling. Side of the truck is 6' tall and they can only spare 1' for glass.
They probably figured out some formula based on the average size of the human pupil in their eyes. Who knows what the multiplier is though..

TuckerK5

Incovignito!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I assume it started out as a result of military use. Smaller openings being harder to shoot through and easier fill with thick bulletproof glass.

K85 Octane

Tacklin' Fuel
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
That K5-E has been done plenty of times. Once the big manufacturers start calling it “hot-rodding” and non-gear heads take notice, it makes it easier for GOV to pass laws killing what we currently know as “modifying or personalizing” and it takes ACTION to actually keep when we have. (ex: RPM Act)

Welcome to the U.S.CA. Where everything you like has to be fought for.
I actually feel bad for clicking on that K5-E link. Like I’m a stat interested in it now :flipoff11:

Top Bottom