CK5
Register an account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Grandpa’s Blazer gettin fixed up…

Papa is fixing up grandpa’s ole Blazer
My opinion is biased, but if it's those ultra shorty block huggers or manifolds I'll take the manifolds every time. Those headers gain you nothing, but give you all the drawbacks of having headers. If you're gonna deal with the pain in the ass factor of headers, get some good quality long tube headers.

My 2 cents (and I'll add that I'm intentionally keeping the cast iron manifolds on my current 350)
 
Ok thought I would have motor in tonight. But three lil bolts with wrong thread pitch prevented that.

Sooo frustrating buy all new fasteners and learn the parts store sold me the wrong torque converter bolts.

So I need 3- 3/8”-16 5/8” bolts..

Where can I source these? I see em on eBay and other sites but they are all Chinese and I worry about the quality.

Any recommendations?

BTW is it just me or is the 400sbc a lil thing in the huge frame and bare engine compartment.

I know the ford flag is sticking point for some. So, send me a Chevy flag I will swap it. :-)

IMG_5300-compressed.jpeg

IMG_5315-compressed.jpeg

IMG_6022-compressed.jpeg
 
Top Bottom