So I’m sure some of yoy are aware of my overbuilt dually but I’m getting ready to paint this winter (hopefully) and what better time to address the suspension, right?
So I have the shackles flip I acquired from @sweetk30 a few years back that raise the rear an additional 4”.
The front is still sporting an unknown brand of 6” leafs that ride pretty decent with a big block overhead.
This setup leaves the truck almost level with maybe 1” shorter in the rear even with the tall one ton leaf packs. Yes I hate the squat too.
The plan is to make the truck a little better on the highway. Even with the Allison overdrive the 4.56 at a little short so 4.10 eventually with the doubler shout ensure it’s still very capable.
The other issue in question is the the ride. If you have a one ton you know exactly what I’m talking about. Anyway the hamster wheels of my brain are turning.
What ifffff, I swap to a 3/4 ton rear spring with auxiliary helper bags and lose an inch or 1.5 then I can swap the front springs for a +2” leaf essentially getting the rig back down to a height I may just be able to squeeze under a gooseneck trailer and use it as the tow rig it’s intended for.
Just wanted to see if you guys had any opinion on the idea or personal experience before I dive into parts. I’m already changing the perches on the rear axle to correct the pinion angle and move the axle back 1.5” to correct for the shackles flip.



So I have the shackles flip I acquired from @sweetk30 a few years back that raise the rear an additional 4”.
The front is still sporting an unknown brand of 6” leafs that ride pretty decent with a big block overhead.
This setup leaves the truck almost level with maybe 1” shorter in the rear even with the tall one ton leaf packs. Yes I hate the squat too.
The plan is to make the truck a little better on the highway. Even with the Allison overdrive the 4.56 at a little short so 4.10 eventually with the doubler shout ensure it’s still very capable.
The other issue in question is the the ride. If you have a one ton you know exactly what I’m talking about. Anyway the hamster wheels of my brain are turning.
What ifffff, I swap to a 3/4 ton rear spring with auxiliary helper bags and lose an inch or 1.5 then I can swap the front springs for a +2” leaf essentially getting the rig back down to a height I may just be able to squeeze under a gooseneck trailer and use it as the tow rig it’s intended for.
Just wanted to see if you guys had any opinion on the idea or personal experience before I dive into parts. I’m already changing the perches on the rear axle to correct the pinion angle and move the axle back 1.5” to correct for the shackles flip.