CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Overland Dysfunction Rendezvous 2016

attendance

• Total voters

natemc

Adventure is an Addiction
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
May 15, 2016
We will tie in a CK5 Pacific region Meet n Greet at
Www.need2speed.com
Reno's indoor electric go-kart track. We're not sure about food yet there, but I'm sure that at a minimum we can have pizza delivered. They do a couple of race packages that we will look into closer as when we have a better idea of attending numbers. A CK5 takeover in the parking lot and inside would be awesome.
I'll add another option to the poll at the beginning of the thread for Karts only no desert. We're pretty sure there is a decent number of forum members willing to atleast do some Kart racing for bragging rights. Even though I'm pretty sure my wife will beat all of you:burnout::popcorn::whistle:

natemc

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
As I look for more and more info about this trip. I find myself getting more and more excited. Just a reminder to everyone. there is a poll at the top of the thread page. be sure to post on the poll so that we can have an idea on the number of vehicles when we send off for the usage permit.

natemc

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You don't have to kart race. That's just where our initial meet up will be as we will be leaving early Monday morning due to the distance needing to be covered.

natemc

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Hold please for updates, bad news, and general life lessons of the frustrated ones.

Looks like a very high probability of some scheduling conflicts, investment property backlash and general vehicle failures. To deep of conversation for this thread, but just know these are tough decisions ahead.

This is a one time request for the brotherhood to hit the poll at the top. We need a head count by the time I return to the casa. I'm in Utah this week and headed to Ontario next week. I may make it home this weekend to discuss this trip and all the negatives that may result in cancelation. If you are even peaking over the fence let us know so we can make an informed decision.

muddysub

1 ton status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
And sadly enough, a scheduling conflict on my end means I can't go unless the dates change by a week or two. I've got family commitments here in Las Vegas the week of the Rendezvous. At this point I have no idea what's going to happen with the Rendezvous. Nate and I both are unsure how to work this whole thing out. It might get downsized to a long weekend camping trip sometime his summer. I'm not sure how many are seriously planning on going but I feel like I'm letting everybody down.

natemc

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
What needs to be done to your truck?

I am still a Go.

moving it to june works for me.

Firewood engine mount still maintaining it's status. Oil pressure check. Exhaust leaks due to beating on the shock tower. Cracked transfer case and stripped adapter mounting bolts. Electric fan rewiring with new fans. Rear wheel seal. Speedo cable. That's just the before a week long adventure 400 miles from home happens repair list. The list of wantsme upgrades before this trip is another week of repairs.
Not to be a negative nancy, but did I mention I'm at skyline motorsports in fairview utah currently assisting a dealer.

20160120_091749.jpg

Cucv_M1008

Cthulhu Forever
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I would be willing to come down on a weekend you want to work on it and help you. what t case do you need?

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Even though Overland Dysfunction has a strict "no drinking" on the trail policy.

What is Overland Dysfunction?

Do you mean no drinking during the day while driving, or no drinking period?

Martin

AgDieseler

Certified Scrap Producer
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Martin
Pretty sure it's just no drinking while driving. A beer in camp is A-OK.

David

natemc

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Martin

No drinking on the trail and no drunken nightlife. We want to promote the responsible lifestyle for our children and others who may be new to it. Having beer or drinks around the campfire is part of the outdoors though, so their should be atleast one frosty in the cooler!flagwaver

Top Bottom