CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Poorboy's 91 Build... B52's 56's FUSH, SYE

POORBOYK5

Poor and homeless
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
POORBOYK5 submitted a new Build:

Poorboy's 91 Build... B52's 56's FUSH, SYE

I've been asking lots of questions and getting EXCELLENT ANSWERES on here. So, first of all THANK YOU ALL!!!! so here's my 91 when I bought it in october of 09. all stock with the exception of the obvious, a 6" lift and 35's
DSC01199.jpg

I got it without a trans and put my TCI 700R4 in it and thought everything was going to be peachy... WRONG! After getting the tans in I fired it up and motor was knocking. well that sucked. So it sat until I went back to mass to get my other car and a free motor. Popped the pan off and what do I see? It's full of water! cleaned it up, put it in ran it HARD for 800 miles. What a suprise, it pukes... sooooo Perfect time to make it into a real truck!

I'd been Buying/saving parts for a while before I moved out here to Colorado. So far I had New TSL42x15x17 Dana 60 and 14 bolt locked on detroits and 5.13's the TCI trans, a Marine 454, warn XD9000, and some small misc stuff.

While it's been down. I swapped a couple things. I sold the 10 bolts, sold the 35's, In with the TONS and 42's!
DSC01407.jpg

truck.jpg

DSC01400.jpg

Off to the fab shop! I sent it over to HEFTY FAB WORKS for Front winch bumper, rear bumper with swingouts (for tire, jerrycan, hilift) and rear reciever for a slide in winch mount, rocker/sliders, shackle flip, spring mounts, on board air/york mount. and the list goes on..... this is where its at so far.
IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

He's also going to be doing all my wheel well :hack: (It needs a LOT)but making it look decent at the same time.

None of the bumpers are complete yet, just the main body so far. I'll keep pics as they progress.

Future plans are 56's up front 64's out back, cross over w hydro assist, drop the 454 in. NP241 SYE. Rear disc conversion.

View attachment 230864

Read more about this build here...

Last edited by a moderator:

POORBOYK5

Poor and homeless
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
tell me about it!... this is over years of gathering parts/saving $$ I'm at about $10K+/- and thats getting a deal on everything

Chevy305

6 Lug 14bsf Status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
hows colorado compare with mass? Better, worse?

btw subscribed :bow:

POORBOYK5

Poor and homeless
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
well I definately miss the landscape back there.. so green and.... different. I like the dry heat here and the laid back laws, Hell, I own guns mass won't even allow in the state! All the legal wheeling you want, rust free rigs. It's a 50/50 thing with me. Been through your build thread as well. Very nice progress.

POORBOYK5

Poor and homeless
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
This Months BIG SCORE

I just scored this sweet deal tonight! NP241C case with slip yoke Eliminator kit. Got it for $150:D Only downfall is having to swap it out to my pass drop case, but for the money, It's worth it!
DSC01535.jpg

DSC01534.jpg

munepit

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Damm, where to start. Nice build!!! I love what you have done. I am way behind you. Have you driven it with the 5.13s? How is it? Love those tires, hood,axles,bumpers,etc. Subscribed! Congrats! I will be watching this rig come to life!

POORBOYK5

Poor and homeless
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have only yard driven it with the 5.13's and a Rod Knocking S.O.B. of a motor. Figured I'd let the fab shop play with it until I figure a motor situation.

munepit

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Cool, I like what you are doing, I'm doing most of the stuff your doing also. Good luck man! Love it so far!

POORBOYK5

Poor and homeless
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Front bumper

Hefty Fabworks just finished up my front bumper. Got the XD9000 mounted. Only thing left to mount are the lights and control box. I'm very satisfied.
DSC01540.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

fltplan

Registered Member
Reaction score
Although I won't be going too off road on mine, I've had a few bumpers fabbed in the past, that looks awesome. The lines on that bumper make the front end look like it belongs. Nice job.

Recon!

Maniac
Reaction score
rod knock

Just a thought, I had what I thought was rod knock in my old 77 C10 back in high school. My Dad's friend suggested we look under the valve covers at the valve springs before we went any further. Sure enough, had a broken valve spring. My Dad had the cracked head from our 90 Suburban still laying under the work bench, so we yanked a spring off that, put it on the 77, and it could burn 5.0 Mustangs in the quarter mile, bone stock. It had deep stock gears because it originally had a 6 banger in it, but the 350 the p.o. put in was from a 77 3/4 truck and it was awesome. Easy, free, and fast to check.

POORBOYK5

Poor and homeless
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Just a thought, I had what I thought was rod knock in my old 77 C10 back in high school. My Dad's friend suggested we look under the valve covers at the valve springs before we went any further. Sure enough, had a broken valve spring. My Dad had the cracked head from our 90 Suburban still laying under the work bench, so we yanked a spring off that, put it on the 77, and it could burn 5.0 Mustangs in the quarter mile, bone stock. It had deep stock gears because it originally had a 6 banger in it, but the 350 the p.o. put in was from a 77 3/4 truck and it was awesome. Easy, free, and fast to check.

Good thoughts! Unfortunately, the first motor would actually lock up intermittantly. and the second motor has such a violent knock that it would require a complete rebuild as well...:mad: I can't win! I think its time to bite the bullet and finish the BIG BLOCK!:D

DieselWarrior

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
DAMN! Sweet bumpers! Id like to see the back. Gotta add the "D" rings! :bow:

Take measurements so I can make one for myself! J/K (But if you want to, feel free! HA HA!)

Andrew

POORBOYK5

Poor and homeless
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Take measurements so I can make one for myself! J/K (But if you want to, feel free! HA HA!)

Andrew

D rings are on the front now.. They're included with all his bumper sales. He was in vaca last week. I'm pretty sure He'll be finishing the rear this week if He has no other priority jobs in line.

HeftyFabworks

Registered Member
Reaction score
Damn, that is a fine looking bumper!

Although I won't be going too off road on mine, I've had a few bumpers fabbed in the past, that looks awesome. The lines on that bumper make the front end look like it belongs. Nice job.

nice bumper!

Andrew

Thanks for the compliments guys:D
Andrew I won't give you the specs but I'd be happy to build you a set for your rig.
Chris

Top Bottom