CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Rubicon trip May 13-15th 2016

K85 Octane

Tacklin' Fuel
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Of course
Been thinking of that one or doing Rubicon backwards. I'd like to do Fordyce but it sounds like a short trail, no? Almost like we could do both? 3 days total

wetoolowdingbangow

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course
Been thinking of that one or doing Rubicon backwards. I'd like to do Fordyce but it sounds like a short trail, no? Almost like we could do both? 3 days total

Im thinking id like to go all the way to Cadillac and then back track to loon. Thats an easy 3 or 4 days there. I definitely dont want to be as rushed as last time.

Fordyce is about 7-9ish miles. Its also twice as hard as the Rubicon. Theres no way you could run both in 3 days, you'd be lucky to get to the staging ground of Fordyce on the 3rd day. If it was me i would hit Fordyce first if youre thinking about doing it. You need to be fresh for that trail. Before i hit trouble on Fordyce i was moving at a good clip and after 10 hours i got a little over half way, with some breaks of course. Another thing to consider/monitor is the water flow from PG&E. Water went over my hood on one of the creek crossings...Its likely going to be the same with runoff.

skunked

phat block everything
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I need more trail time with this rig before I start talking about fordyce. Might be a late summer or early fall trip when we do our big trip up in that area.

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
No worries, I think I will need more seat time too before I would feel totally comfortable hitting fordyce. But I'm ready to hit the rubicon again.

wetoolowdingbangow

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. Wouldnt hurt to have a nice shower and meal mid battle. I need to hurry up and get this truck built!

Top Bottom