CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Rubicon trip May 13-15th 2016

wetoolowdingbangow

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait...you want MORE obstacles this year? Seems like you had a whole boatload of issues last year... :dunno:

Haha yeah! I'm hoping not as many mechanical obstacles! Last year was rough but i learned a lot. This year ill keep my tranny fluid inside the transmission and my tcase won't sound like it's crushing marbles.

campfire

Adventure is out there!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Haha yeah! I'm hoping not as many mechanical obstacles! Last year was rough but i learned a lot. This year ill keep my tranny fluid inside the transmission and my tcase won't sound like it's crushing marbles.

I thought your biggest issue was with fuel delivery? Maybe I need to re-read the thread. :dunno:

But, yes, the fluid is happier if it gets to stay inside the tranny.

wetoolowdingbangow

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would say that you shouldn't EVER get left by yourself on a trail, but you seem to have proven that point for me. :doah:

Yeah hoping that'll never happen again. I don't mind being a tow truck though. Always good to help anyone you can!

I can't wait to start the new truck. Cab and chassis will be in my garage saturday. Then it's time to get crazy!

K85 Octane

Tacklin' Fuel
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Which does beg the question, does something major break on EVERY good wheeling trip? :haha: :rotfl: :doah:

no, here's hoping I don't jinx myself, but in 4 years of abuse the worst things are a seperated front shaft and frozen smog pump which ruined my serpentine belt. Both were at local spots. :) there, I said it!

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So is the plan to run the rubicon both ways this coming get year? On the same trip?

Top Bottom