Slowly but surely, the 1988 V20 Sub

78K30

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup getting muddy here already... till the next cold snap.
It’s gonna be a muddy mess here for the next two weeks or so, makes wearing the dogs out kinda difficult!

Looks like much fun. And that's a calendar-worthy shot, too. :thumb:

As much as I want in the calendar im not sure buried in the snow is the best one lol

78K30

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, it definitely is... :whistle:

But feel free to keep trying if you don't like that one.

More pictures = more better.

I can’t help but take burb pictures so that definitely won’t be an issue! I’ll definitely get some up north this year at some point too :whistle:

78K30

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got motivated yesterday since the weather decided to cooperate and made things happen finally! Got a bracket made and the air compressor is installed. I did not go with a tank on this setup we’ll see how it does. It is a 100% duty cycle compressor so it should hold up just fine. Wont air up tires the fastest but it beats sitting in the middle of nowhere or not being able to air down at all.

CCBE8D64-FDA6-4648-8DF1-FA2128151E77.jpeg

Didn’t even have to drill any fresh holes, just used existing holes from the recovery bottle which turned out really well.

On an unrelated not a Friend wanted to hide from his fiancé and her friends last night and told me to bring my old DT360 over and work on it. So after working all day on the burb we worked all evening on the bike. 74 DT360’s are a one year bike with a one year CDI ignition that never really did run right and none of the 6v lighting was any good.

238FF63A-DA08-483B-8874-738F9A8D07FF.jpeg

This poor bike has had a rough life but it is a ton of fun. Paid $50 for it and enough parts to put together another. Then proceeded to stick $540 worth of aftermarket 12V conversion and new ignition components in it last night. The stuff was gathering dust in the closet for two years. Wish I had done it sooner!

Of course having lights that work meant a maiden voyage after dark for both the 360 and his ‘68 DT250 he just got put together.
6A32B07A-6753-4125-82D6-470B09DF6212.jpeg

Between the burb and the old bikes it was a hell of a good Saturday

BadDog

SOL
Staff member
Super Moderator
Author
Reaction score
Very cool. I had a Yamaha 360 (all I remember) back around 1980. In my memory, it looked about like a yellow version of that, including the seat and tank condition. You say that one "never ran right", so while mine looked like a yellow version of that, I don't think that's it. I beat that thing mercilessly including a number of pretty hard crashes and sliders learning to shift on the back wheel. It took all that and wanted more (other than replacing broken/bent bits), never failing me with nothing more than bare minimum maintenance. Was a blast to ride, but haven't thought about that bike in years. Good luck on your project(s).

78K30

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I had a Yamaha 360 (all I remember) back around 1980. In my memory, it looked about like a yellow version of that, including the seat and tank condition. You say that one "never ran right", so while mine looked like a yellow version of that, I don't think that's it. I beat that thing mercilessly including a number of pretty hard crashes and sliders learning to shift on the back wheel. It took all that and wanted more (other than replacing broken/bent bits), never failing me with nothing more than bare minimum maintenance. Was a blast to ride, but haven't thought about that bike in years. Good luck on your project(s).

thank you! This one was my first bike and has been quite a bit of fun. I’m I the process of putting it back in good shape with as many nice factory parts as I can get my hands on.