CK5 Forums

Take a few seconds to register your free account to post topics or questions, and view exclusive content!

Starting Interior on my '84 K5 - Burgundy

bigschuss

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I then moved up front to work on the dash area and the sound system. First I pulled the ash tray out and removed the cigarette lighter and drilled the hole out a little bigger for a USB charger. The guy who rebuilt my AC Delco radio added an AUX input and an input wire that I also added to the ash tray.

IMG-2473.JPG

Repainted the dash speaker brackets and found some new speakers with a small tweeter.

IMG-2436.JPG

IMG-2437.JPG

Then I did a bunch of research about a quality kick panel with speaker cut outs. Couldn't quite find what I wanted at LMC, Brothers, Classic etc. They were either sold out, or I had to move the emergency break, or I had to relocate the hood release. I ended up finding these on Ebay. Cheap Chinese plastic...but they fit perfectly. I beefed them up with some KILMAT.

IMG-2205.JPG

IMG-2203.JPG

IMG-2474.JPG
IMG-2475.JPG

bigschuss

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Time for the radio and CB.

I bought an original AC Delco radio and had R&B Vintage Audio rebuild it. I went with just an AUX input, but if I had to do it over, I would have also added bluetooth.

IMG-2400.JPG

IMG-2401.JPG

The PO cut the dash for an aftermarket radio. I put a patch in, but I didn't do a good job. I tried a combination of welding and rivets. It worked fine, but you can still see where it was cut after the bezel was installed. Think I'll tackle that next winter.

IMG-2468.JPG

The PO also had a CB antenna in the roof with a 3/4" hole. The antenna was outdated, so I added a new Larsen NMO 27 whip antenna and a vintage CB I found on Ebay.

IMG-2467.JPG

IMG-2464.JPG

bigschuss

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did a lot of cleaning, prepping, and painting of interior plastic. I didn't document much of this process.

Cleaning it up....

IMG-2206.JPG

And putting everything back together...

IMG-2458.JPG

IMG-2466.JPG

IMG-2476.JPG
IMG-2471.JPG

New front seat upholstery from Classic Parts. The rear seat is in nice shape so I opted not to do it. Might do it down the road just so it all matches.

IMG-2472.JPG

IMG-2460.JPG

At 6'2" I am certainly not a short guy, but I always feel like Blazer seats sit too low for my tastes. I raised these up 1.5 inches with some box iron.

IMG-2462.JPG

And a new dash from Cheyenne Pickup. Very impressed with the quality and look. Went in easy and looks great.

IMG-2469.JPG

IMG-2470.JPG

IMG-2465.JPG IMG-2457.JPG

bigschuss

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rear scuff plate and spare tire installed. I run 35's, but could only squeeze in a 32 for a spare.

IMG-2454.JPG

IMG-2456.JPG

New sill and threshold plates....

IMG-2459.JPG

Added an air dam. I know a lot of guys take these off. I like the look.

IMG-2451.JPG

And she's ready for summer fun.

IMG-2450.JPG

IMG-2452.JPG

That's all for now. Going to enjoy it this summer and then think about taking care of the chassis next winter. I've also got some rust where the cap meets the body that I need to take care of. Hope you've enjoyed.

muddybuddy

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice job, looks great!

Where did you source the air dam? I currently have one, but am adding the factory tow hooks, so need one with the cutouts (dont want to molest clean factory air dam currently on it)

bigschuss

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice job, looks great!

Where did you source the air dam? I currently have one, but am adding the factory tow hooks, so need one with the cutouts (dont want to molest clean factory air dam currently on it)

Thanks muddybuddy.

I got the air dam from LMC. Nice quality and real clean install. All the holes matched up perfectly with the mounting points on the bumper.

muddybuddy

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool, must have missed it on LMC site. Any plans to get a spare tire cover? I know LMC have the carpet matched cover. Gives nice clean look imo.

So a 32” spare is the largest you can fit there? Guessing because of the seat? Any room to move the tire back towards the tailgate to fit a bigger spare? Would require some sort of offset bracket to retain the factory holes

bigschuss

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool, must have missed it on LMC site. Any plans to get a spare tire cover? I know LMC have the carpet matched cover. Gives nice clean look imo.

So a 32” spare is the largest you can fit there? Guessing because of the seat? Any room to move the tire back towards the tailgate to fit a bigger spare? Would require some sort of offset bracket to retain the factory holes

Yes, on LMC it's part # 38-7395.

Yeah, I thought about a tire cover. There's something I like about the look of the exposed rubber. As is, my 32" spare actually touches the rear seat and I only have about 1/4" of an inch clearance between it and the tailgate. So, it literally just barely fits. I wasn't able to use the factory holes to mount it...I had to grab one of the lug holes with the factory mount. If you look carefully, I also added a piece of 1" tubing behind the wheel so I could grab another lug hole with a bolt.

Top Bottom