CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

The future of Blazer Bash. More bull crap.

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
One question I wonder about do they need the link to our InReach page to monitor our locations or just to know we have them and can provide info if something happens.
Don’t even speak of it…

miniwally

St. Javier
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait Mormans won't except BSA cert ????

thet are just being SOB's that think they can run rampant wait till someone sues them this government over reach to a T. I for 1 am never going to Grand county agian, won't ever get off the highway.
Ironically the BSA First Aid merit badge is nearly equivalent to a full basic first aid class. However, since it doesn’t have to be taught by a certified first aid instructor it doesn’t actually get a first aid certification, just a merit badge. I only realized this after looking into it today. However any scout leader training (basic First aid or WFA) you may have received like myself does carry over outside of scouting because those are Red Cross certs.
I have to renew my WFA cert every 2 years( just renewed this spring in fact) as I’m one of the mainline leaders for high adventure stuff, so for the next few years I’ll be staying current with my certs.

And you are correct that the people on the derailed train were very lucky, I think that was two full crews just off trek at Philmont, that means 4 adults with WFA training, and every scout (possibly up to 20) having some level of basic first aid all the way to nearly WFA levels. My Philmont trek was in early June so all these things were super cool to hear.

Tnsejed

6al4v
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
If it is needed I will have a Garmin In-Reach type device by the time the event comes. Just let me know, I've intended on buying one for a while as I'm out and about in the back country a lot and it's a good safety net.

I own one and use it in my rig, but I do not have the subscription for the SOS. I can add subscription if needed. I've also been looking into the Emergency SAR and Helicopter insurance a bit. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though.

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The Emergency Medical Plan is requiring us to have remote communications for emergencies. !@#%@#$^%&^%^@$^@^#$^@%$^#$%&#&

Cell phones, CB's and GMRS are not sufficient according to them.

I found a local mom n pop shop south of Moab who has satellite phones to rent. Ad another $135 to the total. !#$!%#$^@%^#$&%#^$%^$%
Ham Radio does count, correct?

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
They accepted the application as completed. Even though I do not have the Certificate of Insurance yet. I sent them the application that I filled out for the insurance company. For some reason, they always wait until 2 weeks before to underwrite it and ask for money.

So now we wait until the August 8th commission meeting for approval.

Never again. I am going to go have a beer.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now I am pissed. I have very accommodating up to this point. We were supposed to have a vote on the event tomorrow evening. I was emailing with the county rep about the insurance. I asked if the vote meeting we live streamed. She told me it did not make it on tomorrows meeting. Will not be discussed until 9/6. I will be in fricken Colorado Springs by then.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latest email just now.

"I have yet to see one denied. The Commission recognizes the process is deeply flawed currently, and while they want to be more selective with the events, they recognize that there's a lot of work that goes into them. Until this year, it was more of a rubber stamp process so the current rules do not give any flexibility."

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
The issue is, if they do not approve it, Mark and I can not be there. Then I have to ship all of the shirts and I have wasted a crap load of funds.

And you all will never get to see me again. I feel for all of you.

Last edited:

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The issue is, if they do not approve it, Mark and I can not be there. Then I have to ship all of the shirts and i have waisted a crap load of funds.

Dude, buy my intake

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
The issue is, if they do not approve it, Mark and I can not be there. Then I have to ship all of the shirts and I have wasted a crap load of funds.

Since when? Are you black balled from the state of Utah? I know this country is run by commies right now, but I’m pretty sure it’s your right to be in Utah if you want.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The other one wasn’t, but you waited too long

Top Bottom