CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

The future of Blazer Bash. More bull crap.

cheavyk10

5.slow
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
We would get certified every year at my work, but of course covid screwed that up for everybody.
I'm reaching out to my office because all of my field crews need their certs again, so I may be able to be up to date by September.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Cliff notes:

Who is CPR and first aid certified? Work certifications count

Catered local food doesn’t mean free for all drinks, still bring your own
This has come up in the past and it used to be you could get an online certification that met the requirement. If that's still the case, maybe the trail leaders could do that before the event. Unless we get enough people that already have it.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does it say what level of certification is required? This site gets you a Red Cross certificate: https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/classes/adult-first-aid/cpr/aed-online/a6R3o000001vqDD.html But it doesn't meet OSHA standards.
That is the link I was looking for before the new round of phone calls started.
and a general all around Badass.
Yes you are.
I used to be an EMT and have performed minor surgery before
I used to be young and semi good looking. Does not count any longer, I was told.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Emergency Medical Plan is requiring us to have remote communications for emergencies. !@#%@#$^%&^%^@$^@^#$^@%$^#$%&#&

Cell phones, CB's and GMRS are not sufficient according to them.

I found a local mom n pop shop south of Moab who has satellite phones to rent. Ad another $135 to the total. !#$!%#$^@%^#$&%#^$%^$%

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
If this had all sharted 5 months ago, Blazer Bash as an event would not be happening. Now it I am on a mission to prove that they can not roll over us and make us leave.

The lady with the Satellite phones had nothing good to say about the council. She is on the board for the arena. The person the county put in charge knows nothing about horses. So they are inept all of the way around.

Another local vendor told me stuff that I will not post here.

nvrenuf

Klaatu barada nikto
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The Emergency Medical Plan is requiring us to have remote communications for emergencies. !@#%@#$^%&^%^@$^@^#$^@%$^#$%&#&

Cell phones, CB's and GMRS are not sufficient according to them.

I found a local mom n pop shop south of Moab who has satellite phones to rent. Ad another $135 to the total. !#$!%#$^@%^#$&%#^$%^$%

Seems like the game is being adjusted on the fly as you are adapting. :doah:

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Wade I’ve got a garmin in reach satellite device that provides instant response to SAR and the ability to two way text to anybody with a phone number. It will be in use on any run I’m on and available for anybody on those runs if the need arises.

Last edited:

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have smoke signals

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wade I’ve got a garmin in reach satellite device that provides instant response to SAR and the ability to two way text to anybody with a phone number. It will be in use on any run I’m on and available for anybody on those runs if the need arises.
I have one also. Not good enough for them.
I’m cpr and first aid certified and can provide my card.
Text me a picture of it if you would please.

500$k5

wallet under gas pedal
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
We also have a Garmin In Reach device. The device was good enough for to go to 18,000 ft on Mt. Everest, but not good enough for Grand County. That's pretty "Grand" of them.

Top Bottom