CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

The future of Blazer Bash. More bull crap.

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
Last time I did that, I got called to the top of Metal Masher. The Jimmy won't be there, so I am in. Might have to be somewhere else. Milt's supports the off-road closures.
Don’t tell me that! I love going there:(

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Where’d that info come from?
Last time I did that, I got called to the top of Metal Masher. The Jimmy won't be there, so I am in. Might have to be somewhere else. Milt's supports the off-road closures.

ktmoutfront

You are an idiot. Whoever you are
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Where’d that info come from?
They donated to the Bears Ear closure, orwhatever it was called. The list of donors was published back then. I am too lazy to look for it.

Last year I stopped there because I enjoy it. Not this year. We are buying our food in Junction on the way out. It is my goal to support grand county as little as possible this year.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yeah we are planning on buying in junction and hauling it in. Gas and ice will be all other than the room

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
I need them, First aid/CPR, by Monday to send in with the final application

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have this in writing now from Grand County.

"If you have sat phones or Garmin In-Reach devices, they prefer those."

So I need to know who all has what.

miniwally

St. Javier
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have this in writing now from Grand County.

"If you have sat phones or Garmin In-Reach devices, they prefer those."

So I need to know who all has what.
If it is needed I will have a Garmin In-Reach type device by the time the event comes. Just let me know, I've intended on buying one for a while as I'm out and about in the back country a lot and it's a good safety net.

miniwally

St. Javier
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a place close to my house. What exactly would I need? Just all of this?
View attachment 418907
Typically speaking the First aid and CPR/AED class is the minimum requirement for most places. I think this is considered an 8hr class but don't quote me on that.

For anyone that is spending much time out in the back country I would highly recommend a Wilderness First Aid certification. This is a 16hr class that covers basic first aid but also plays a lot of scenarios and how to deal with longer term aid. There is a big difference between holding pressure on a wound until the EMT's arrive in 5 minutes and having to think about getting someone out of the back country with a major cut or broken bone. It wasn't something I thought that much about until I had to start getting WFA certified for Scouting.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
One question I wonder about do they need the link to our InReach page to monitor our locations or just to know we have them and can provide info if something happens.

Wes Harden

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Wait Mormans won't except BSA cert ????

thet are just being SOB's that think they can run rampant wait till someone sues them this government over reach to a T. I for 1 am never going to Grand county agian, won't ever get off the highway.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a Garmin InReach mini. Satellite two-way text and sos button.
That works. They just need a count.
If it is needed I will have a Garmin In-Reach type device by the time the event comes. Just let me know, I've intended on buying one for a while as I'm out and about in the back country a lot and it's a good safety net.
If you were goin to anyways.
If y’all come up short, I have a Garmin in-reach. I can loan and mail it to someone headed there.
We should be good with the Sat phones I am renting.
@Cyclone Traveler has a Garmin In Reach, that will be with my Blazer at all times.
Thanks. Added to the list.
One question I wonder about do they need the link to our InReach page to monitor our locations or just to know we have them and can provide info if something happens.
Nope. Just that we have them.
Wait Mormans won't except BSA cert ????

thet are just being SOB's that think they can run rampant wait till someone sues them this government over reach to a T. I for 1 am never going to Grand county agian, won't ever get off the highway.
There are zero Mormons running that area now. The commission is apprised of 2 trust fund hippies, 1 retired college professor, 1 high school teacher, an appointed member by the others and a couple of native to Moab hippies. Other than the Moab hippies, the rest left where they were because they did not like the constraints the gov put on them. Now this.

Top Bottom