CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

The future of Blazer Bash. More bull crap.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just heard back from Grand COunty.

I looked at the website for the skydiving event. Website has not been updated since the 2021 cancelation. Thier FB page has nothing about an event. So I told the county that. Sure enough. No skydive event that weekend.

We are good to go.

I just need to figure the money thing out now.

miniwally

St. Javier
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just caught up on this crap show, it's disappointing to see where the county is headed and what added work and cost is required now. The event registration will need to be more expensive, however I bet once lodging and gas costs are looked at the actual event is the cheapest part of the trip.

Just for myself I'll have over $750 in travel cost (two tow vehicles and trailers), camper spot, and food for my family. I'm likely one of the closest ones to the event, an extra hundred or so in event cost doesn't move the needle much.

I'm also first in line to say let's find somewhere else to hold the event and spend our money. Even if that's relocating to outside of Moab and still using trails that are not in Grand County, having been going to Moab for 20 yrs I can say that I've not felt "welcome" in the last 5 years.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Grand County lawyer has signed off now. I can now apply for the written permit to be put in front of the County Commission for approval. Should not be an issue.

I am not going to apply for the health department permit, so you all have to bring your own drinks. ORD will not be allowed to provide the dispensors and soda bottles this year.

I have received the "Special Event Tax License" from the State of Utah. 5 minute phone call. Easiest thing from any of them.

My brain hurts.

kgblazerfive

keymaster
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So can we plan amongst ourselves to bring drink?

As in like organized this person's bringing this soda that person's bringing that soda this person's bringing cups

miniwally

St. Javier
Premium Member
Reaction score

As in like organized this person's bringing this soda that person's bringing that soda this person's bringing cups
I feel like we're supposed to all BYO Drinks, this likely means that we can't share a 2L of Coke between us, and as always remembering alcohol isn't allowed at the park during the BBQ.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

What St Javier said. Think covid rules and act accordingly. No handing stuff out at the bbq

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well I am going to bring a bunch of ice, and some soda ......

There’s very likely going to be observers, don’t mess this up for the rest of us
Thanks

ktmoutfront

You are an idiot. Whoever you are
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Within your own family, you are fine. But if you screw it up and offer to anyone else, I will throw you under a bus load of nuns in a crosswalk.
I feel like we're supposed to all BYO Drinks, this likely means that we can't share a 2L of Coke between us, and as always remembering alcohol isn't allowed at the park during the BBQ.
Booze is allowed back at the park per the city for a couple of years now. No dogs still.

bp71k5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Within your own family, you are fine. But if you screw it up and offer to anyone else, I will throw you under a bus load of nuns in a crosswalk.

Booze is allowed back at the park per the city for a couple of years now. No dogs still.
Booze but no dogs? That’s weird. Around here it seems like dogs get better service than people sometimes.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
They told me they do not get enough rain to wash the dog piss away. The parks were smelling bad.
Jeez how many dogs taking a leak does it take to make a park smell funny?

Their rules I suppose. Doggo stays home on this trip anyway.

Bringing drinks for the boy and I is no big deal.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
The insanity continues.

We have verbal approval. Pending this other stuff now.

Business license from Ground County. The link provided on the electronic special event form is the wrong one. Found out after I filled it out. So another phone call to get the correct one. The only difference was they took the "2021" date off of the title. White Out would have fixed that. This license requires signatures from Building inspector, Santition inspector, electrical inspector and water inspector. WTF??????? Another call was made. Rachel, who I have been working with, has their approvals already in emails.

Health department approval. Just received an email from that department. Update......Not required if catered from local restaurant.

Our insurance company dropped the ball and did not get me the documents to fill out for a week. I had to ask again. 17 pages. They had filled out most of it because of the delay.

We need one person on each trail with Basic First Aid and CPR certification. You all need to step up.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Cliff notes:

Who is CPR and first aid certified? Work certifications count

Catered local food doesn’t mean free for all drinks, still bring your own

Top Bottom