The Willomet Charger

Average User Rating:
5/5,
  1. campfire

campfire Adventure is out there! Premium Member

Build(s):
    So...are you going to make a cool art project out of the tuition pile?

Or maybe start auctioning it off "one piece at a time?" :thinking:

:popcorn:

AgDieseler likes this.
  2. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Same.
    I don’t feel smarter. Maybe I need to drink another beer.
    Tempting, but no. It’s all going to scrap tomorrow. I don't have room for (any more) trophies.

David

3. JoshHefnerX

JoshHefnerX 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    Holy shit dude... That's a hell of a tuition pile. There's a lot of beautiful work in there.

AgDieseler likes this.
  4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Build(s):
    I haven't been following as closely as I could, but is the tuition pile to make room for the frame rails bent up by MRC Fab?

AgDieseler likes this.
  5. max 02

max 02 N.E.D. Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Oooo man...almost like a kick in the nuts. Good thing your really good at what you do. Talk about frame off restoration! :haha:

76zimmer, campfire and AgDieseler like this.
  6. AgDieseler

Build(s):
    Yessir. Completely scrapping the old frame for the new design.
    Learned a lot in the making of it.
    She’s in sad (but safe) shape at the moment, but brighter days are ahead.

David

7. AgDieseler

Build(s):
    Y’all know most of these updates already, but they’re live on The Tubes, now.

David

max 02, Blazooki, 76zimmer and 9 others like this.
  8. ashman

ashman It's not a bronco Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Just watched the whole video. I like the laid back style you are filming in. Detail was good. Dog breaks were nice (not over done, good job).

One thing, you mentioned several times that you were removing the frame you built, but I don't think you ever mentioned why. Maybe I somehow missed it, but it felt like you may have skipped over that.

AgDieseler and Greg72 like this.
  9. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Build(s):

I’m guessing it was related to the “building a tank” comments...

Some fun camera angles and editing made it enjoyable to watch. The audio is more challenging... I can’t really suggest how to remedy the loud vs attenuated transitions or the echo that you get when talking in the driver seat. I’m sure there are tricks that will come with time. :)

I’m just glad you are doing videos now. They are fun to watch..... especially the “Rev 0, Rev 1” stuff.

Perhaps I’ll just call you Rev. David” from now on...? Or just shorten it to “Reverend”. :haha:

Preach On!

-G

10. mrk5

Build(s):
    At the beginning he said he would explain it later but that in short he could do better the 2nd time around. :D

AgDieseler likes this.
  11. mrk5

Build(s):
    I don't have sound on my work computer so I was watching with closed captioning. It said you have a Mopar Peabody. :haha:

AgDieseler and Greg72 like this.
  12. JoshHefnerX

JoshHefnerX 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    Good vid, clean visuals, good style. I would say the audio is tough to tolerate though. It's a pet peeve of mine - and it's not just you. All over youtube people have a hard time leveling their audio. So you're listening along and on a cut scene you get your ears blown out.

Not sure what you're using for a video camera, but if you can add a wireless external mic that you can clip to your person you'll probably be able to control the audio level a lot better.

With your personality I know you'll always find ways to improve the car, but hopefully you'll know when to say when too so that you can actually finish and drive this beast. Looking fwd to those vids.

Glad you're enjoying the journey and sharing it with us.

KirsL and AgDieseler like this.
  13. AgDieseler

Build(s):
    I appreciate the feedback. Yeah, I wasn't super explicit, and instead did a bunch of exposition about how I overbuilt Rev1. I'm looking forward to moving ahead with more real-time build updates, rather than trying to weave a 2 years of building into 15 minutes. It's easier to lose track of the story than I would have guessed.
    Yep. That's the spot. During the Q&A on the next episode or two, I'm going to reference the "tuition pile." To whom do I send the royalty check?
    Ha! That's going to get used. Lots of Mopar peabodies piping up in the comments.
    I've got to spread the Db correction more effectively among narration, walk-and-talk, and the music. It's been a learning process, but I've got some good tips from Jason for the next one (after Harriet's debut episode next week).
    The master levels need tuning, so that's just an added step. The editing process chews the hours, especially since I'm not practiced at it. As well, half of those episode was done with a nice Rode mic, and the other was before GoPro got their junk together and finally sent me the USB adapter (it took a month). I just opted not to wait to shoot the videos during that span. That makes leveling the sounds much more difficult. Next step is to get a good set of lavalieres, and clean up the narration even further, eliminating the background sounds of a 737 or echo of my tin can car.

David

14. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Build(s):
    Reverend David,

Hearing the words “tuition pile” in your video will be all the payment I need.... keep those royalty checks and put the proceeds into your Challenger project. :waytogo:

As the “Might As Well” Build prepares for its YouTube debut in the new Texas garage space.... I’m hoping to get a helpful tip (or two) before you become too famous to return my phone calls! :haha:

-G

15. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    I liked hearing you tell the story of where the car started and getting caught up to now. While not tech intense, it's needed to fill in the blanks on the build.

Granted the audio levels did move around, but I had headphones in it wasn't a major issue for me. For your 2nd video it's not bad, but room for improvement. Rev.1 for audio levels.

Can't wait to see action on the build.

Oh and throw Pikes Peak on your bucket list to drive too! That would be a fun one in that car.

campfire likes this.
  16. GWeakland620

GWeakland620 THE CK5 Crayon Eater Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    I love the fact that your first item on the checklist, is to make a checklist. That means you get to cross that off immediately and start on a positive note.

campfire likes this.
  17. dbcorvairracer

dbcorvairracer Registered Member Premium Member

This has became one of my favorite builds, can't wait to see more updates and video. The audio was notable but in the big picture the video was well edited and moved in a way that didn't leave any blank boring spaces. It left me wishing I was picking this up after you were finished with it so I could binge watch/read through it all. Keep up the good work, can't wait for the next installment.