CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Too Nice to Tear Up

12 years trying to daily drive a 1978 K5, while making it a great Moab rig.

500$k5

wallet under gas pedal
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
500$k5 submitted a new Build:

Too Nice to Tear Up

I bought this 1978 K5 Blazer, in July, 2006, from the wife of the second owner, after he died. I was looking for a Blazer to cut up, and turn into a "rock crawler", so a K5 for $500, seemed like a good start. I went to her house, and out of the garage came a really nice, not rust free, but almost, 93,000 mile Blazer. Cheyenne package, 400sbc, turbo 350, 203, 3.73 gears. The A/C even worked. The Build, is what I've done over the last 12 yrs, trying to keep it nice, while 4 wheeling it as much as possible.

Read more about this build here...

Last edited:

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
I cut up a rust free one. Don't feel bad about making a truck work better at the expense of a bit of sheet metal. That looks like a nice one, good score!

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
When is the first cut?
He did that a while back, just hasn't gotten to that part of the story!
But I do know that there is more cutting in its future as there is some floor pan work to be taken care of.
All in time.

@beags86 I took the S10 after we got my wife something newer. She had gotten it new and I had thoughts of a SAS, but it didn't happen.
So.....:shame:

Top Bottom