CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

TPI SBC FAST XFI XIM EFI Connections Cam and Crank sensors

jaros44sr

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Noobie started to work on my engine again. Need to figure out how to post up pics from Flickr

jaros44sr

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah AJ, just thought I might get some additional info over here. See if anyone is using a FAST EFI. How's the big block running?

AJs72K5

blub-blub-blub-blub
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yeah AJ, just thought I might get some additional info over here. See if anyone is using a FAST EFI. How's the big block running?

It's getting there. I'm trying to get a 496 set up right with FAST. My cam's too big for EZ 2.0 and am about to upgrade to the Sportsman ECU.

If you're not getting responses to questions in this section, try the Garage.

jaros44sr

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Krats, didn't realize guys from over here wander over there! Hope I didn't bore you too much I'm really slow trying to figure things out. Should of stayed stock, but once I see a cool Mod I have to have it on my truck

AJ how about a Vac can with a pump, wouldn't that maintain a constant 14. I thought the 2.0 was a better ECU because you could moniter timing, along with other stuff like tranny
Congrats on GMOTM

AJs72K5

blub-blub-blub-blub
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Thanks Krats, didn't realize guys from over here wander over there! Hope I didn't bore you too much I'm really slow trying to figure things out. Should of stayed stock, but once I see a cool Mod I have to have it on my truck

AJ how about a Vac can with a pump, wouldn't that maintain a constant 14. I thought the 2.0 was a better ECU because you could moniter timing, along with other stuff like tranny
Congrats on GMOTM

The vac can and a pump would help with the brakes, but wouldn't give me vacuum where I need it: in the manifold. With the big cam, the ECU always thinks the engine is under load because of the low vacuum. It's dumping gas at idle. EZ 2.0 can't tune itself around that.

There's some thoughts in another thread that a single plane manifold may help with this and fuel distribution. But this engine really needs to be tuned to make the power it specs out to.

ekajkrats

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score

Congrats on GMOTM
I feel that when you have a first gen you have to glean info from everywhere you can. And the TPI on yours stands out, and I think that's awesome. Not to mention the wood bed, and so many other aspects of your build. I like your methodical work and the journey you are traveling on your build is great to read about. I appreciate you sharing.

jaros44sr

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
The vac can and a pump would help with the brakes, but wouldn't give me vacuum where I need it: in the manifold. With the big cam, the ECU always thinks the engine is under load because of the low vacuum. It's dumping gas at idle. EZ 2.0 can't tune itself around that.

There's some thoughts in another thread that a single plane manifold may help with this and fuel distribution. But this engine really needs to be tuned to make the power it specs out to.
Well, AJ it was just a thought, but you are right. Just sux to buy a whole new ECU to fix the problem! Any suggestions from FAST?

jaros44sr

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel that when you have a first gen you have to glean info from everywhere you can. And the TPI on yours stands out, and I think that's awesome. Not to mention the wood bed, and so many other aspects of your build. I like your methodical work and the journey you are traveling on your build is great to read about. I appreciate you sharing.
Actually, it was the look of the TPI that I liked,but the old Halibrandts injection unit is what I want someday, converted to EFI, but cost has put that unit on the back burner for a while.On my build thread, I never know if I'm putting up TMI, so I just inject what ever I'm doing. I'm glad your enjoying it, and thanks for the kind words. Didn't know what to expect from a new forum. Some forums get a little rough, but this forum has a lot more info. to offer!

Right now I'm working on the ECU wiring, but mounting them took 2 years to figure out placement, until my son suggested 'C' channel

AJs72K5

blub-blub-blub-blub
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well, AJ it was just a thought, but you are right. Just sux to buy a whole new ECU to fix the problem! Any suggestions from FAST?

It's not as bad as it sounds. Talked to FAST and I can trade in the EZ 2.0 ECU. Difference comes out to ~$300

Related to level of detail....keep it coming.

jaros44sr

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not as bad as it sounds. Talked to FAST and I can trade in the EZ 2.0 ECU. Difference comes out to ~$300

Related to level of detail....keep it coming.
That's cool, didn't know they could help out that way
Glad it's working out for you, your truck looks great

jaros44sr

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
didn't like the corregated sheilding FAST uses, changed to spial wrap from Wire care
Plus the grommet they supplied with the harness was to small. Had to take off all the connecters to slide the grommet on

20181127_104252

Last edited:
Top Bottom